DAF strikes again

I don’t think I’ve ever driven anything quite so awful. I get ghost error codes on a regular basis maybe two or three a week but today it’s, excelled itself

ECS brake fault, red stop light
Stability control fault
Transmission failure
IMS fault 81, whatever that is.
Tyre pressure warning

Never buy a DAF!

As long as its not mine I don’t care I like the bed. It’s so comfortable

Big Chris:
I don’t think I’ve ever driven anything quite so awful. I get ghost error codes on a regular basis maybe two or three a week but today it’s, excelled itself

ECS brake fault, red stop light
Stability control fault
Transmission failure
IMS fault 81, whatever that is.
Tyre pressure warning

Never buy a DAF!

did this all occur as you were driving along or when you had just picked up a trailor etc. the daf i use can be a pain in the arse the compressor and air tanks are so small / knackered that even raising the susspention at 1500 rpm is enough to drain the air tanks at times. this will put up all sorts of warnings like you have had but you cant see the low air warning because all the other warnings over ride it.

A truck entirely conceived as the accountant’s friend at point of purchase only.

ims 81 fault is where the truck has been moved without the engine running or the ignition switched on

wot no emissions warnings, no exhaust fault warnings, sounds like one of the good uns :smiling_imp:

Juddian:
wot no emissions warnings, no exhaust fault warnings, sounds like one of the good uns :smiling_imp:

No engine fault warning?

Crack on drive…

Wednesday morning, I just set off in the XFSSC, and get, “Engine failure” and beep beep beep.

Stop, turn it off and back on again, take a pic, and Whatsapp it to the boss to cover my arse, and set off and it goes again. Get no reply from the boss, (It was 0315 in the morning.) and keep going. No further warnings all day, and the message clears.

Truck is still running ok now.

Might be one reason why he has ordered a new Volvo, with a further one later.

It’s done died again. Went for a tacho calibration the guys tested it drove it round the garage, switched it off to walk 50yd to the waiting room to give me the keys I walked to the truck and it gives me, a red dash again. Seems it now has no gears and throttle, it’s been there a week now and they still can’t make it go can’t even. Find what’s wrong but it’s not having any.

Quinny:
Might be one reason why he has ordered a new Volvo, with a further one later.

Getting Volvos at our spot later this year. Much of the fleet is DAF dashboard bingo, engine malfunction and exhaust system malfunction being the most common. Mind you drove one of the 16 plates that got de-hired then took back on which is now on 1.3 million km and not a single warning light in sight. Just a shame about the cab mounts knocking their ■■■■ off…

On mine when the air pressure is low it throws up a fault with the electronic oil sensor malfunctioning…

Its only done that since the last service!!!