DAF XF95 EBS Warning [orange]

got this error a few times with DAF’s, solo or hooked up. Although the company i work for gets it repaired, soon as, as it’s a brakes.
It’s a warning, not a failure, what’s everyone’s opinion on whether it’s safe to continue journey, until daf dealer is within reach, or defect and park up?
what’s vosa’s point of view?

tramping at the mo so if it happens again i’d like to know…

tnx

im exactly the same with a cf, next time im home im going to defect it.

I think this is a common fault, i’m quite sure it only happens when you couple up with your engine running or your ignition on. If you couple up then switch the tractor off until you have attatched the lines and you don;t get the problem :wink:

I have had this twice now first was a broken wire in the ABS lead. Second time it was a right bugger to fix. It’s a sensor on one of the front wheels, now if your lucky its the sensor and its a 5 minuet job if not its a wiring fault that can be anywhere from the brake shoe to the box under the front on the right hand side. not far you think but this is a DAF and they inherited the wiring ideas from Leyland so the wire goes up down and around the cab twice the along both chassis rails before it hits the box. My money is on the wheel sensors though.

Mike C, yeah, tnx for that, i’ve started switching off as i was using the trip counter to keep an eye on my driving time but it keeps counting when the engine is idling.

Ark-Angel, i found a blown fuse in the fuse box which didn’t cure it so i’ll try run with a spare abs lead, DAf wiring, i’m dreading winter, last year it kept jamming in 12th gear due to the harness getting water in about it so may be similar.

tnx to all for the replies