Daf cf75 abs warning

Hi,
I have an older 2005 DAF CF 75.
I have been getting error messages.
Basically EBS truck brake warning amber, and transmission warnings, again amber.
Normally occurs after a long up hill section.
Once warning occurs, ok for a few miles then truck starts to apply brakes, can hear and feel drag, also gearbox astronic will not change up, as it should, Probably due to extra drag from brakes.
I am not a full time driver, and use the truck for steam rallies private hgv.
I hope you can still help.
Regards Ian

Take it to a garage, get the fault codes read. There’s no getting around paying someone to do some diagnostics, anything else is just stabbing in the dark and throwing away money. So many issues with DAFs and electrics it could be anything especially on something that should have been retired to shunting or shipped off to Africa or Middle East the thick end of a decade ago.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
When the fault occurred, being a brake fault I stopped, and paid £250 for a mechanic call out to plug in.
He just cleared the fault, and said it was safe to drive.
Only for the fault to reoccur.
The truck is now in a professional garrage for repair.
While the truck is indeed old I realise it will be safe if properly maintained.
I was really looking for suggestions from people more experienced than myself.
As to likely causes for the problem.
Kind regards Ian

Years ago it would’ve been simple but now with computers controlling the braking and there being multiple sensors involved it’s gone way beyond that. Some of the issues are caused by water ingress into the wiring loom and wires rubbing against each other, cable clips, bits of bodywork and over time getting broken so the older and higher mileage it is the more issues that causes. Lorries can continue to be used in those places I mentioned because they can get away with just disconnecting or bypassing the offending ECUs altogether as long as the thing runs and it stops, something you can’t do here.

It will probably be an ebs fault ,as that will bring on as-tronic faults ,so one fix sorts all …Never believe someone who clears faults and says that is it fixed…Personally i would query the bill…I could understand if the fault wasn’t active at the time and there where multiple inactive errors and there where no dates …You could clear it and explain the situation and when it next fails you then have the fault even if it is stored…He could even have followed you for a distance to see if it came back on…It will be a sensor or wire fault

Hi,
First of all a thank you to all who replied with helpful suggestions.
Also an apology for not updating the outcome.
The fault is now fixed after a visit to Sewells at Evenwood.
They diagnosed a problem with a faulty rear axle ABS/EBS sensor causing the problem with the error messages and applying the brakes partially.
They replaced the sensor, and all is well, now done about 1000 miles with no problems.
Impressed with their service.

Regards Ian Jenner