Stobart / Morrisons

Has Stobart taken over the Morrisons work at Wakefield from Wincanton ■■

No idea about that , but if tesco goole is anything to
Go by stobart livery will be short lived , every lorry there ( even the older ones ) are wrapped in culina livery , culina must have a hold over daf as I thought there was a shortage of new lorries available , there’s new daf Xg,s everywhere

Happened last year.

SHYTOT:
Has Stobart taken over the Morrisons work at Wakefield from Wincanton ■■

So where do Romac come into this, they seem to be gaining more & more Morrisons traction work, or are Morrisons splitting the work ?

I am led to belive that Romac just hire tractor units to Morrison

SHYTOT:

The one I saw this morning in Derby had the driver in a Romac uniform on IIRC :open_mouth:

They also have DDs with decals on them with *working with Morrisons*, so Im thinking its a bit more than just a rental agreement, I could be wrong like :neutral_face:

they are doing some trunking work

I’ve also seen Stobarts pulling asda trailers out of Doncaster Redhouse

Like Japanees knotweed gets everywhere

Stanley Mitchell:

SHYTOT:

The one I saw this morning in Derby had the driver in a Romac uniform on IIRC :open_mouth:

They also have DDs with decals on them with *working with Morrisons*, so Im thinking its a bit more than just a rental agreement, I could be wrong like :neutral_face:

No I think you’re correct in thinking a bit more than a rental agreement. I’m not sure on the exact setup they have with Morrisons but they’re a regular sight in Wakefield & Farmers Boy in Bradford. Oh and that hell hole morrisons have in Nantwich, saw them in there but thankfully only been once. Forget the name

SHYTOT:
Like Japanees knotweed gets everywhere

Not really , we were pulling loads out of red house 4 yrs ago , Morrison’s is nothing new , I was doing shop deliveries out of morr Kettering when I was on chilled , Christ knows how long ago that was
It’s much the same as the bloke going on about they’ve got coop work now , we were doing trunk loads for the coop when alferton was on the go
None of this work is new , it was being done years ago , one of my regular jobs on chilled was collecting loads out of Morrison’s manufacturing plants & delivering it to a morr dc

It`s not a coincidence that both are now in the grip of Venture Vultures and the race to the bottom is on :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
It`s not a coincidence that both are now in the grip of Venture Vultures and the race to the bottom is on :unamused:

If you mean stobarts ? According to my mate there getting a 8%+ pay rise on days so not sure it’s a race to the bottom , I doubt I’ll get anything like that pay rise wise & my pay other than w/ends is average

Drivers at wakefield gadbrook Stockton and Bridgewater are to be transferred from Wincanton to stobarts ,this is a bad day stobarts will now run all morrisons depots

Morriman:
Drivers at wakefield gadbrook Stockton and Bridgewater are to be transferred from Wincanton to stobarts ,this is a bad day stobarts will now run all morrisons depots

Until they do a Stobart special and run the contract into the ground.

Big question, now stobarts are running the show, does the driver still sit in the staff canteen while the store tips and reloads you?

Dafproblems:
Big question, now stobarts are running the show, does the driver still sit in the staff canteen while the store tips and reloads you?

Sure we will because we are transferring under tupe so they can’t change anything that will make your job worse

Stanley Mitchell:

Thought Culina were owned by the Muller Family. Can’t really call them venture vultures. Don’t know who owns Morrisons these days

WheelsofCardiff:

Stanley Mitchell:

Thought Culina were owned by the Miller Family. Can’t really call them venture vultures. Don’t know who owns Morrisons these days

It is owned by the Muller family.

Morrisons is owned by private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R)

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

WheelsofCardiff:

Stanley Mitchell:

Thought Culina were owned by the Miller Family. Can’t really call them venture vultures. Don’t know who owns Morrisons these days

It is owned by the Muller family.

Morrisons is owned by private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R)

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I was on about ASDA & Morrisons, they are both neck deep in debt now and their need to cut costs will be paramount :blush: