Supermarket Drivers

Was tipping at Morrisons frozen last night, some of the drivers were in Morrisons units and some were in Wincanton ones. I’m assuming Wincanton thing is like dhl and Tesco? Are they all employed by the same company or are Morrisons drivers on different contracts?
Just wondered.

My place (Tesco) has been ran by different firms over the years before Tesco took it back in house so there’s people on many different contracts from different periods but most gave now transferred onto the Tesco contract.

Ive noticed that Romac seem to have some sort of deal with Morrissons now.

Swordsy:
Ive noticed that Romac seem to have some sort of deal with Morrissons now.

Aye they were pottering about in there too. Did a bit for them on agency few years back, didn’t think much.

Ive seen them pulling a double deck trailer with half Morrissons half Romac livery on it. Seems a bit more than pottering around! :smiley:

Swordsy:
Ive seen them pulling a double deck trailer with half Morrissons half Romac livery on it. Seems a bit more than pottering around! :smiley:

Yeah they’ve gotten quite big haven’t they!

seen a few Romac units down here pulling Next trailers too.

Have Wincanton lost the Morrisons Wakefield and Stockton to Culina Stobart? One of the Stobbies lads tipping at our place reckoned they’d been asked to put a load of units in Wakefield unless it’s just a Christmas thing,been told Wincanton lost Wilkos too to GXO although not seen any units with branding on yet…
It’s a dog eat dog world at minute….

Saw some new Iveco Morrison branded units on M62 this week, they had the Culina fleet numbers on the door.

Read Wilko’s is looking for cash injection.

msn.com/en-gb/money/other/w … r-AA14k0NL

Yorkielad:
Have Wincanton lost the Morrisons Wakefield and Stockton to Culina Stobart? One of the Stobbies lads tipping at our place reckoned they’d been asked to put a load of units in Wakefield unless it’s just a Christmas thing,been told Wincanton lost Wilkos too to GXO although not seen any units with branding on yet…
It’s a dog eat dog world at minute….

GXO are in at Magor, is as much as I know.