Morrisons Wakefield

Big shake up at Morrisons Wakefield whats going to happen?
Stobarts, Downton, Mallinson Who?

Not heard owt, other than Morrisons have posted losses which I take with a pinch of salt. If they weren’t making money they’d stop, it’s just a ruse to reduce their tax liability.

Just had a quick skim through some articles online saying they’re looking at losing 100 jobs there, feel free to send some of the drivers down to Sittingbourne, they are still advertising for drivers down here.

A lot of the morrisons drivers have been there for donkey’s years. I wouldn’t fancy paying their redundancy wedge & I doubt neither would morrisons.

It’s was on the local news that the site employs something in the region of 17000 people and they are expecting to make 150 job cuts…
Don’t think I heard anything specific about drivers though

yorkshire terrier:
It’s was on the local news that the site employs something in the region of 17000 people and they are expecting to make 150 job cuts…
Don’t think I heard anything specific about drivers though

1,700 :wink:

1700 staff and it still takes 3 hours to get tipped at ambient, joke, and we wonder why poles get all the work, theyll graft for ten bob an hour, were as us brits skive for £6,50 :slight_smile:

ive laid on the bunk for 6 hours waiting in there,stobrats werent impressed but sod em,should of got the crappy isotrack phones fixed :confused:

Still slow then…i’m in there at 9 tomorrow morning. Best i take a book. As for the redundancy payoff, it may well have changed, but it used to be a minimum of a week for every year, or a month for every year maximum, plus anything the company wanted to add on top. So if some of their drivers have been there, say 16 years, and Morrisons go for the minimum pay off it’ll be 16 weeks pay. As i say, that may well have changed, if so i stand corrected, as i’ve not really kept up with any changes.

best bet is park on road
book in and get ya piece of paper, then when u see some trucks heading round jump in with them, works a treat :slight_smile: