Ashley Neal...

Those who do not know who Ashley Neal is, he is an ex-Footballer turned driving instructor and self-professed authority of driving standards.

Some of his videos are actually quite good, yet others are very contentious, he is renowned for being overly cautious and takes great pride in accepting peoples dash cam footage and criticising the standard of others driving. In the past he has criticised Emergency services, Motorcyclists and Cyclists but equally as much as his fellow car drivers.

I can only assume it’s more to do with driving business to his Driving School, either that or he has nothing else better to do.

Seems he has now taken to HGV’s (regardless of the truck perhaps being a tad close) …!

youtube.com/watch?v=W6N5d6FC5Bk

He normally gets most things correct & in the clip you link the truck was far too close.
Lots of truck drivers try to bully you to go faster & he’s correct what he says you will get tailgated by almost everybody on our roads if you dare to stick to the speed limit. Truck drivers should know better… don’t be bullied…

No different from what happens over here. I get particularly annoyed when it’s a truck right up my clacker. Idiots behind the wheel of trucks and 4 wheel drives seem to think that because they can see over the top of your car they don’t need to leave a safe distance. You never know what’s going to happen to cause the bloke in front to suddenly stop quick.

to be fair to ashley neal he does have a class 2 licence hiwever he does have the attitude that all lorrys are bad and he can do no wrong.

Surely not a tipper driver racing around with vast amounts of impatience? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That driver is what most drivers are like which is a shame. You can quite clearly see that the road at 19 seconds is 50mph yet you can clearly see he is bouncing off the limiter at 56mph as he gains at quite some pace.

The amount of drivers that do 56mph on a single NSL road must be in the 80% range.

cooper1203:
to be fair to ashley neal he does have a class 2 licence hiwever he does have the attitude that all lorrys are bad and he can do no wrong.

You are so wrong with that assumption.
How many videos have you actually watched?

He finds this a sufficiently major drama to require an internet post? :unamused:
As we say around here: Hadaway w’ya

AdamST205:
That driver is what most drivers are like which is a shame. You can quite clearly see that the road at 19 seconds is 50mph yet you can clearly see he is bouncing off the limiter at 56mph as he gains at quite some pace.

The amount of drivers that do 56mph on a single NSL road must be in the 80% range.

Unfortunately you are correct and the likes of Ashley Neal highlighting these types of attrocious driving can only be a good thing.
It’s a great pity companies are not made to take responsibility for the drivers they employ and try to eliminate these types from being employed.

jakethesnake:

cooper1203:

all of his… did you see the one where he failed his first class 2 test and went back and measured it all out and then at the end of the video said oh it doesnt matter all i can get is a free retest

cooper1203:

jakethesnake:

cooper1203:

all of his… did you see the one where he failed his first class 2 test and went back and measured it all out and then at the end of the video said oh it doesnt matter all i can get is a free retest

:laughing: he is a bit ott sometimes, what did he fail his test for? :open_mouth:

There came a point when he seemed to be adding things in, he is now being sued.

He featured a van passing a bit close to a cyclist decided it must be retribution as something must have gone on earlier and a bad example to the child that he couldn’t see in the passenger seat but decided was there.

I have two thoughts about such videos, one it is good to point out mistakes so we cam all learn from them, but it is a bit harsh on the people featured as we all make them. Ashley never features any driving errors he has made himself and although they might be rare we all make them, Although I have linked one of his videos before where he lectures others on filtering but in my view displays poor driving standards

May I pass I comment without being lambasted by fellow forum users…

As an ex-driving instructor and current LGV driver, I do agree with almost (!) all of his teaching and critique methods.

He is a driving instructor trainer, so his skills and knowledge have been assessed a very high level.

At times, he is a bit confrontational and if you search, you can find the video where he openly criticises himself.

But on the whole, he does a good job and seems to be making a reasonable living from instructing and Youtube

Drive safe

Paul

PS Off to find his Class 2, oops sorry, LGV video…

sonflowerinwales:
May I pass I comment without being lambasted by fellow forum users…

As an ex-driving instructor and current LGV driver, I do agree with almost (!) all of his teaching and critique methods.

He is a driving instructor trainer, so his skills and knowledge have been assessed a very high level.

At times, he is a bit confrontational and if you search, you can find the video where he openly criticises himself.

But on the whole, he does a good job and seems to be making a reasonable living from instructing and Youtube

Drive safe

Paul

PS Off to find his Class 2, oops sorry, LGV video…

Exactly my thoughts as well although I can’t agree that all instructor trainers are assessed to a high level. That, in my opinion is where driver training fails badly.
Ashley though obviously is top notch mostly. He also apologises if he does get it wrong which isn’t often.
If more drivers took his advice the roads would be a safer and better place.

cooper1203:

jakethesnake:

cooper1203:

Think you will find he passed his class 2 1st time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

He’s the son of Phil Neal who played for Liverpool and England.
He lives near me.