Route advice - Croydon to Bethnal Green

Hello, could anyone offer any advice from how to get to Croydon to Bethnal Green? Full size artic running at 13 ft 10. Thinking about getting back on the M25 somehow but not sure. I’ll be travelling from Warwick to Croydon first and then to Bestway Bethnal Green/Hackney.

Many thanks

Dartford tunnel or Woolwich ferry .You are to tall for Blackwall tunnel.

It’s double the mileage and 30mins ish longer via the M25 (at 8pm) you’ve also got the Woolwich ferry, or take a chance and go A23/A3 and over the Thames. Personally I’d stick with the easy route and go via the M25[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

What route would you people suggest from the M25? I was looking at A13, A12 and A12 but it seems there is a weight restriction on the A11? There is no left turn into the road where Bestway is situated on so I’m unsure on what route to take. Many thanks

A23, A3 for me! But you can’t cross the river on London Bridge, you’d need to use Southwark Bridge then pick up A11 on the other side.

You feel like you are going slow in London but 9 times out of 10 you can cross the river quicker than going back out and round the M25 - especially if only 13’10”.

For some reason a lot of drivers have a fear of driving in London and I don’t get it. Take your time, accept you’re not going anywhere quickly and it can be quite enjoyable. There’s loads to see and it beats the M25 any day.

Jaxo:
What route would you people suggest from the M25? I was looking at A13, A12 and A12 but it seems there is a weight restriction on the A11? There is no left turn into the road where Bestway is situated on so I’m unsure on what route to take. Many thanks

From A13 follow that until your reach the 30mph speed camera section. you take the A1261 from there then straight up the A1205
Or you could just stay on the A13 and turn right once you hit the A1205
Should be fine I believe.

Actually scrap that I noticed you said Bestway, Bethnal green not sure.

Maybe A13 turn right onto A11 at Aldgate then left onto the A107?

crunch13:
A23, A3 for me! But you can’t cross the river on London Bridge, you’d need to use Southwark Bridge then pick up A11 on the other side.

You feel like you are going slow in London but 9 times out of 10 you can cross the river quicker than going back out and round the M25 - especially if only 13’10”.

For some reason a lot of drivers have a fear of driving in London and I don’t get it. Take your time, accept you’re not going anywhere quickly and it can be quite enjoyable. There’s loads to see and it beats the M25 any day.

Paid by the hour my friend. :grimacing:

adam277:

Jaxo:

From A13 follow that until your reach the 30mph speed camera section. you take the A1261 from there then straight up the A1205

At the end of the A13 there is no right turn to the A11. Is it case of using none of the side streets to get onto the A11? For example B108 or White Church Lane?

Jaxo:

adam277:

Jaxo:

At the end of the A13 there is no right turn to the A11. Is it case of using none of the side streets to get onto the A11? For example B108 or White Church Lane?

Prob safest at a guess. Side streets I’d check them out of google maps if I was you.

asdasd.jpg

Follow this on Street View to Identify the junctions, slip roads, landmarks and road signs. Burdett rd A1205 links at Limehouse, the A13 with the A11. Before this, at Canning Town on the A13, you have a choice whether to use the East India Dock rd or Aspen Way A1261 and the West India Dock rd to reach it. It is slighly easier, although a bit slower, to stay on the A13 and use the East India Dock rd since you stand less chance of ending up in the Limehouse Link Tunnel. You will however have a right turn into Burdett rd.

From Burdett rd turn left onto the A11 Mile End rd. Follow this to the Cambridge Heath rd A 107 which is a right turn. This will bring you into Bethnal Green from the opposite direction leaving a right turn rather than a left turn into Bishops Way. Do not be tempted to use Grove rd & Old Ford rd and what looks to be a shorter route, you will enter a 7.5t ban with inappropriate access to Bishops Way.

This route makes sense but Burdett road shows a 16.5T weight restriction unless I’m wrong? I was thinking to go down the A13 and turn right on the B107 to join the A11 as it looks like there are no restrictions there

Jaxo:
This route makes sense but Burdett road shows a 16.5T weight restriction unless I’m wrong? I was thinking to go down the A13 and turn right on the B107 to join the A11 as it looks like there are no restrictions there

For weekends and after 10pm to 6am I believe

If using the A13, I always use the limehouse link towards the city, the chuck a right into Dock rd. Up through the Minories, around the 1 way system then right on to A11 then left on to A107. Then it’s a right turn into the road with Bestway. They’re a good crowd there. Always cheerful.
Good luck

adam277:

Jaxo:

For weekends and after 10pm to 6am I believe

Correct, at specific times as per the road sign:

google.com/maps/@51.5120192 … 384!8i8192

You can go via Sidney Street if you like but it is quite narrow with speed humps and parked cars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Sidney_Street

Isn’t best way Bethnal Green the one where they don’t open until 8 , or did , I remember having to move from road outside & going round block & having one almighty argument with some idiot over a weight limit , not often these days I loose my rag that much , but he ran off we me after him in end
I’d check opening times , may of been 7 but there not much parking outside that’s for sure if gates are closed
Can’t help with route , think I came down city road but maybe not

crunch13:

Can you blame them?
That ■■■■■■ mayor Ghengis ■■■■ Khan is totally anti truck to the point of him making it virtually a CHALLENGE to take an artic through what has become a total crap hole, wt limits, time limits, bollards purposely put in tight places to stop you going.,.and all the rest of the money making ‘emissions’ bull crap.

Just pleased I don’t go there anymore,. …and I once knew my way right through most routes in London as the M25 had not even been built then…and in those days there were numerous designated town truck parks unlike the jack ■■■■/'tough luck if you’re times up scenario today, as nowadays where if you ain’t gonna have at least 3 hours on your card, you cannot enter for fear of being stuck with no time left and no parking facilities to cater for that scenario…as I said a ■■■■ Challenge excercise. :unamused:

I’m with the guys you mention, but I ain’t got a ‘‘fear’’ as such, more of an aversion to complete ■■■■ takes., where ‘‘they’’ purposely and intentionally try and make your job somewhere between more difficult and virtually impossible. :imp:

Genghis can stick it right up there for me, hauliers should refuse to enter :smiling_imp:

robroy:

crunch13:

Can you blame them?
That ■■■■■■ mayor Ghengis [zb] Khan is totally anti truck to the point of him making it virtually a CHALLENGE to take an artic through what has become a total crap hole, wt limits, time limits, bollards purposely put in tight places to stop you going.,.and all the rest of the money making ‘emissions’ bull crap.

Just pleased I don’t go there anymore,. …and I once knew my way right through most routes in London as the M25 had not even been built then…and in those days there were numerous designated town truck parks unlike the jack [zb]/'tough luck if you’re times up scenario today, as nowadays where if you ain’t gonna have at least 3 hours on your card, you cannot enter for fear of being stuck with no time left and no parking facilities to cater for that scenario…as I said a [zb] Challenge excercise. :unamused:

I’m with the guys you mention, but I ain’t got a ‘‘fear’’ as such, more of an aversion to complete ■■■■ takes., where ‘‘they’’ purposely and intentionally try and make your job somewhere between more difficult and virtually impossible. :imp:

Genghis can stick it right up there for me, hauliers should refuse to enter :smiling_imp:

Each to their own.

It can be a ball ache at times but it can be quite enjoyable too.

There’s an easy solution to one of your problems and it’s to have a 45 before you go in. Not difficult :laughing:

I often read on here from the old hands that the job has been dumbed down too much and us young’uns are all snowflakes :laughing: But it’s ok to avoid London because it’s a challenge? :unamused: Keep looking down on us from the M25 because you drove a twin splitter 70 years ago :smiley:

All said in jest before you go off on one, as I’m sure I’ve read on here that you do farms in Devon/Cornwall which I know I and I’m sure many others would find a challenge. My point is that no self respecting driver should be avoiding/refusing to navigate the capital city because it’s too much of a challenge. It’s not even hard!

crunch13:

robroy:

crunch13:

Can you blame them?
That ■■■■■■ mayor Ghengis [zb] Khan is totally anti truck to the point of him making it virtually a CHALLENGE to take an artic through what has become a total crap hole, wt limits, time limits, bollards purposely put in tight places to stop you going.,.and all the rest of the money making ‘emissions’ bull crap.

Just pleased I don’t go there anymore,. …and I once knew my way right through most routes in London as the M25 had not even been built then…and in those days there were numerous designated town truck parks unlike the jack [zb]/'tough luck if you’re times up scenario today, as nowadays where if you ain’t gonna have at least 3 hours on your card, you cannot enter for fear of being stuck with no time left and no parking facilities to cater for that scenario…as I said a [zb] Challenge excercise. :unamused:

Each to their own.

It can be a ball ache at times but it can be quite enjoyable too.

There’s an easy solution to one of your problems and it’s to have a 45 before you go in. Not difficult :laughing:

I often read on here from the old hands that the job has been dumbed down too much and us young’uns are all snowflakes :laughing: But it’s ok to avoid London because it’s a challenge? :unamused: Keep looking down on us from the M25 because you drove a twin splitter 70 years ago :smiley:

All said in jest before you go off on one, as I’m sure I’ve read on here that you do farms in Devon/Cornwall which I know I and I’m sure many others would find a challenge. My point is that no self respecting driver should be avoiding/refusing to navigate the capital city because it’s too much of a challenge. It’s not even hard!

‘‘Go off on one’’? :open_mouth:
Moi?
How very dare you. :laughing:

‘‘Avoid cos it’s a challenge’’?
Just use the M25? :smiley:
Aye right. :laughing: …I ain’t ‘‘avoiding’’ anything,.I just don’t go there anymore. :bulb:
Any challenge that Khan sets up for drivers is up to him.

Look mate if I had to take a loaded trailer into London again, make no mistake I would,.and think nothing of it.
I’d drive through it,.I’d tip it,.and I’d drive back out of the ■■■■ hole no probs, as nothing much phases me about this job anymore,.I just prefer not to go there as I CBA with the BS. :bulb:

All I was saying was my generation of drivers had the best of time driving through London. (and taking full advantage of the entertainment on a night out there :sunglasses: :laughing: )

There ain’t anything clever about going through it, nor anything to boast about either, it’s just a ■■■■ ball ache as I said.

As for twin splitters I hated them,. I was more of a 14 speed Fuller box man myself, or a ZF later on (look them up sonny :wink: :laughing: ) and it was about 30 years ago not 70 you cheeky ■■■■■ :smiley: