London help

I have two drops tomorrow in that there London which I’m looking for different opinions.

Drop 1: SE5 8SX - on streetview theres a compound which is where I need.

Drop 2: E16 2BY.

First how would you get from M1 to first drop? I’m thinking Edgeware or Finchley, Park Lane, through Victiria, over Vauxhall Bridge to Elephant and Castle then A215. Can anyone think of any better alternatives? In an artic running at 13ft 11in ish.

Secondly thinking using Woolwich Ferry to get back over the river as it outs me on the door of drop two, but if its not running what about Rotherhithe Tunnel? I’ve never used it, is it restricted in any way other than height?

Ta for any help/ideas.

Yes the tunnel has restrictions as well as height…

Width 6’6”
Weight 17t MGW
33’ length
And no ADR.

Rotherhithe Tunnel:

“Vehicles more than 2 metres (6’6”) high, 2 metres (6’6") wide or goods vehicles weighing more than 2 tonnes (gross vehicle weight) are not safe to travel through the Rotherhithe Tunnel. Drivers that do not comply could be fined up to £130."

This from TfL’s own website.

Personally I would use the M11/A12 -to the Blackwall tunnel south to the ‘Sun In The Sands’ junction with the A2, Queens road/Peckham Road from the A2 puts you into Camberwell Green near to your drop. Out the same way over the Sun in the Sands and follow to the Ferry as you wished to do. No low bridges provided you come out the same way.

I would be tempted to use the Woolwich Ferry if for no better reason than to have a ride on one of the new boats :slight_smile:
If it’s not running the Blackwall Tunnel isn’t too far away.

That’ll be why I’ve never used Rotherhithe tunnel then :laughing:

Blackwall going north is no goas I think its 13ft. I know I’ve been in it at max permitted height and wasnt a huge fan of it (the bollards) anyways

13’11" is too high for the Blackwall tunnel NORTHbound but OK SOUTH bound. Either suggested route is OK.
Daneville rd is no entry and a dead end so has to accessed from Orpheus st off Denmark Hill.

You could try the M11 and A 406 North Circular as far as the Woolwich Ferry to Reach Camberwell via the short section of the A 205 South Circular to Shooters Hill and then Sun in the Sands. That way you find out if the Ferry is running, if it isn’t then you still have the option of continuing North of the river via North Woolwich rd to meet up with the A13 and then through the Blackwall tunnel Southbound and then via Peckham. If the ferry isn’t running then you’ll need to go A2 to the Dartford tunnel and A13/ North Circular back to Woolwich.