London directions please

Leaving from felixstowe tomorrow and tipping in Mandela way, london, SE15SS for lunchtime. I dont know east london at all so just after some help with the route.

So i’ve got, felixstowe to m25, over the dartford bridge, pick up the A20, A2, then google says i have to take the A202 west then B215 up to the A2, then first roundabout come back on myself then its on the left?

Thanks. Simon.

Personally I’d A2 it all the way, but that might depend on the time I was going. I might even be tempted in a moment of madness to go through the Blackwall southbound and pick up the A2 from there. The A2 stays dual carriageway until it turns across Blackheath Common, the A20 goes single much further out.

Either should be fine I’d imagine.

You got satnav ? i know not all drivers have i dont have one… you googled it try the AA or RAC maps see if they are close… good luck matey, shytalk . :slight_smile:

As 8wheels says definitely approach it from the south on the A2 via blackheath.

As for whether you come down the A13 and South through the blackwall tunnel or through the dartford tunnel and back up the up the A2 would all depend on the traffic situation at the time you travel. Listen to the traffic reports and make your decision on the information given. Whichever route is clearest will be quickest although I would say before midday then dartford would be better if no incidents.

Cheers
Neilf

I’m with 8whels - over the QE bridge and exit J2 taking the A2 towards London
After the Kidbrooke lights take the next exit, still following the A2 over Blackheath common through New Cross then as per your Google to the said destination

Neil - he has to make sure he won’t be too high for the Blackwell southbound ( can’t act ly remember what it is now )

Saaamon:
Leaving from felixstowe tomorrow and tipping in Mandela way, london, SE15SS for lunchtime. I dont know east london at all so just after some help with the route.

So i’ve got, felixstowe to m25, over the dartford bridge, pick up the A20, A2, then google says i have to take the A202 west then B215 up to the A2, then first roundabout come back on myself then its on the left?

Thanks. Simon.

East London :exclamation: That’s the other side of the river and Injun Country :exclamation:

Mandela Way is the old Bricklayer’s Arms freight terminal, from the M25 take the A2 at the Sun in Sands roundabout, follow that until you hit the second one way system and bear right to follow the Old Kent Rd up for a couple of miles, you’ll pass a fire station on the right and then you want the next right after that, Mandela way comes up on your left. If you can’t turn right at those lights then keep on going until you see a flyover, do a u turn at the roundabout under the flyover and you turn left before the flyover meets the ground again (if that makes sense)

newmercman:

Saaamon:

Thanks. Simon.

East London :exclamation: That’s the other side of the river and Injun Country :exclamation:

Mandela Way is the old Bricklayer’s Arms freight terminal, from the M25 take the A2 at the Sun in Sands roundabout, follow that until you hit the second one way system and bear right to follow the Old Kent Rd up for a couple of miles, you’ll pass a fire station on the right and then you want the next right after that, Mandela way comes up on your left. If you can’t turn right at those lights then keep on going until you see a flyover, do a u turn at the roundabout under the flyover and you turn left before the flyover meets the ground again (if that makes sense)

I class it as east london lol, but as most people know i dont know my east and west very well :unamused: . I appears on the map that i cant use old kent road as its one way?

8wheels:
Personally I’d A2 it all the way, but that might depend on the time I was going. I might even be tempted in a moment of madness to go through the Blackwall southbound and pick up the A2 from there. The A2 stays dual carriageway until it turns across Blackheath Common, the A20 goes single much further out.

I dont think i can take the a2 the whole way there as when it gets to old kent road it turns into a one way road, the wrong way for me.

Blackwall Tunnel southbound is 15 foot something (15’ 4", I think), northbound is 13 foot. A13 westbound and through the Blackwall Tunnel is probably the best way, too much messing about approaching from the south.

Double Post

Ok cheers know where im going now. Thanks for the help.

Saaamon:

8wheels:

I dont think i can take the a2 the whole way there as when it gets to old kent road it turns into a one way road, the wrong way for me.

The old kent road does go in to a one way system but it is easy go past new cross bus garage … cross the lights at next set turn right go about 400 metres then turn left and you back out on old kent road … even if you did go straight it would only take you up to peckham and at peckham bus station you could turn right or go on to camberwell turn right etc simple to get too use google map and look at route before going it is an easy route

Hey discoman, you’re in Oz and I’m in Canada and we’re giving someone in Felixstowe directions to a place in London :open_mouth: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
Neil - he has to make sure he won’t be too high for the Blackwell southbound ( can’t act ly remember what it is now )

15’ 6" pal! :grimacing: :grimacing:

Mark lol injun country I always laugh at that Kate Moss advert when they say get the London look a turban :smiley:

It’s south London!!! Not apple n pears cor blimy Guvnor me old coc sparra ■■■■■■■■ east London. I would go up the highway over southwark bridge and down great Dover st to the bricklayers arms roundabout but you would be liable for congestion charge then.