Cyclists in London.... are they all like these lunatics?

cyclist.png

From back in 2020 so realise a little old, but watching the parts involving HGV’s had me realise just how dangerous and arrogant some of these riders in london actually are… Know not all cyclists are like these ones, but there are some, and why reminds me to give them wide berths, and avoid London lol…

Number 1

Swear the first one sounds like that nob Jerermy Vine on channel 5

Drivers in the right or wrong ?

Should of just left everyones rubbish I guess, but as for a cyclist blockng the road in protest WTF …

Number 2

BUS sandwhich ----
I would not want to drive buses in London… period ! but good reason to have cameras fitted all way round if in London.

Load of rubbish between I’d skip…and then the final one

Most interesting one …

Wonder if with current regs the driver would be held accountable ? feeling they would for not checking mirror… although rider in wrong lane and drivers response is he was having none of it … 2020 though so a little different now…

I find that the brain dead often piloting mopeds and electric scooters haphazardly make cyclists look like the most careful considerate people invented.

Who’s to blame when the smelly stuff hits the fan is a moot point, they haven’t the nous to work out that being declared in the right by Jeremy Whine types whilst their crushed remains are examined on a mortuary slab is a somewhat hollow victory.
Cyclist/pedestrian/similar versus bloody great truck leaves only one victor.

Juddian:
…declared in the right… whilst their crushed remains are examined on a mortuary slab is a somewhat hollow victory.

Gotta agree.
As a cyclist and motorcyclist I firmly believe in applying “defensive driving” ideas in my road use. Trust no-one. Assume nothing. Anticipate the worst and you`ll rarely be disappointed.

Saqik khan

Generally they fall into the category of politics of envy, politically motivated, reclaim the streets activists.Or crash for cash scammers.Or a combination of both.Bearing in mind that they are prepared to take the risk of serious injury or worse to meet their aims.
While the former will see getting a driver seriously nicked and jailed and life wrecked as a victory.
The latter are obviously financially desperate individuals willing to take the same risk.
The new laws make it dangerous anarchy on the roads I certainly wouldn’t want to be driving a truck around these total idiots/scammers at any wage when a car is bad enough.

At least in that picture the cyclist is on the road

Unless it’s me especially in Manchester where I live. I’m finding more cyclists using the pavements then when then they approach a junction /road they have to cross, as there going in a straight line and don’t want to stop. they tend to without warning jump back into the road without looking .cross the junction then rejoin the pavement and do same at next junction.
Guessing there theroy is there safer on the pavement.?.
But then they jump onto the road without looking

edd1974:
At least in that picture the cyclist is on the road

Unless it’s me especially in Manchester where I live. I’m finding more cyclists using the pavements then when then they approach a junction /road they have to cross, as there going in a straight line and don’t want to stop. they tend to without warning jump back into the road without looking .cross the junction then rejoin the pavement and do same at next junction.
Guessing there theroy is there safer on the pavement.?.
But then they jump onto the road without looking

They apply selective double standards to the rules as it suits them.Like riding on the road at night without lights.Again obviously hoping to create conflict and a possible claim against any unfortunate driver.
The same applies to the new pavement hopping trick its intended to cause conflict so they can fit up innocent drivers.The level of malignant intent in many of these idiots shouldn’t be underestimated.

Juddian:
Who’s to blame when the smelly stuff hits the fan is a moot point, they haven’t the nous to work out that being declared in the right by Jeremy Whine types whilst their crushed remains are examined on a mortuary slab is a somewhat hollow victory.
Cyclist/pedestrian/similar versus bloody great truck leaves only one victor.

This is literally the nail-head-hammer point.

I’ve never really understood the attitude that demands “any” road user can claim to be, or have been, in the right, if their seriously injured or dead. What’s the point of that.

In the first example, the cyclist obviously believes he alone should have totally free access all the time. Common sense would, or should, indicate the bin lorry is only there to collect the bins. The cyclist could have simply stopped, waited until there was a gap in the traffic and then gone on his way. But no, he’s got anger issues… which are probably nothing to do with the traffic situation. So much anger. And Vine is absolutely no help whatsoever.

In the second example, if you’re going to play Russian roulette in London traffic, one day a bullet really will be in the chamber. That cyclist wasn’t in any position to stop. Or in other words, wasn’t in control of his vehicle. I’m surprised he survived. Tough for the pickup driver though. Started the day with an undamaged vehicle and then some kamikaze idiot screws it all up.

In the third example, I have great sympathy for the truck driver. He obviously didn’t know the cyclist was there, although if it had been me I would have assumed some ■■■■ would probably be there, and left a bit more room.

I think a lot of cyclists do behave reasonably well, but there’s a hell of a lot that don’t do themselves any favours and some who seem to have a death wish.

And for the sake of balance, there’s bad drivers of all types out there too, driving all types of vehicles. We’ve all seen them. It’s just that cyclists, and especially the ones that pedal those lay down bikes, are probably are the most vulnerable.

Sheesh! So much anger out there!

From what I have observed its a matter of taking someone else’s error as an example to how you perform yourself. As most stupid antics on bikes and motorcycles are done by couriers who are always fighting time and disregard the law and other road users even pedestrians at times. I don’t see the problems getting better, perhaps its time to license bicyclists and all motorized vehicles regardless of engine size.

Juddian:
This is literally the nail-head-hammer point.

I’ve never really understood the attitude that demands “any” road user can claim to be, or have been, in the right, if their seriously injured or dead. What’s the point of that.

In the first example, the cyclist obviously believes he alone should have totally free access all the time. Common sense would, or should, indicate the bin lorry is only there to collect the bins. The cyclist could have simply stopped, waited until there was a gap in the traffic and then gone on his way. But no, he’s got anger issues… which are probably nothing to do with the traffic situation. So much anger. And Vine is absolutely no help whatsoever.

!

Its really beyond me why most cyclists believe everyone should give ways to them?

Went for a walk down a canal path few days ago and not one cyclist gave way to me.

As for the bin lorry, I believe when cycle lanes, bus lanes and so on in the order that allows for the lane there are exemptions for certain vehicles, bin lorries, removal trucks, local authority maintenance vehicles, emergency services even when not on a blue lights run will all likely to have been except among others.

I stay as far away from them as I can nowadays, you just can’t trust them not to put you in a difficult position or try to blame you for some minor misdemeanour to try and escalate their self imposed moral high ground.
Just leave them alone/stay away from them on the road and don’t get sucked in to their bitter little world.

Gavv8:
Just leave them alone/stay away from them on the road and don’t get sucked in to their bitter little world.

Crushed goolie syndrome in that tight lycra uniform, hardly surprising they’re a bit weird.

Thems the reasons I won’t go inside the M25 . I don’t get paid enough to deal with that kind of crap.

They apply selective double standards to the rules as it suits them.

That could be said for many different categories of road users. Stop being biased.

bbc.com/news/uk-62444889.amp

Gavv8:
I stay as far away from them as I can nowadays, you just can’t trust them not to put you in a difficult position or try to blame you for some minor misdemeanour to try and escalate their self imposed moral high ground.

How can ‘you’, stay away from ‘them’ when ‘they’ are undertaking you from behind with far less than the required 1.5m clearance in many cases to deliberately fit you up with a close pass or turn crime.

beefy4605:
Thems the reasons I won’t go inside the M25 . I don’t get paid enough to deal with that kind of crap.

You’ll find less, if any, of them on the A3 inside the M25 than you will on the A25 and A24 well outside of it.They regard the Surrey hills as their private cycling theme park.
Also don’t think that many other parts of the country are immune from their antics.
Especially riding up and down busy narrow A routes where they know that there will be plenty of opportunities for staging close pass fit ups on video sooner or later.