Truckstop or decent parking near Bridlington

Ey up friends, as the title suggests I might be doing a night out in Brid tomorrow so was wondering if anyone has any secret or not-so-secret parking spots to share? Ta in advance, Neil.

I used to park on Carnaby industrial estate many years ago. Nothing there but quiet down the bottom

^^^^

What he said.

Ken.

Hi Shrek,
Just had a look on Truckfly, can’t find a truckstop in the area, but there is a big parking area next to the station.
Can’t tell you if trucks are allowed, but looking at the sat-view , there does seem to be some larger than the norm parking places,
i.e bigger than those smaller ones for cars.
Being by the station there will be loads of places to eat drink etc.
Don’t know which way you’re coming in , but there are a couple of lay-byes, (set away from the road) on the A165, heading into Brid.

Nearest truckstop is the Redbeck, near Wakefield, or Docklands truck park , Goole.
There’s also Cleveland truck stop, Middlesborough.
But as I said, don’t know which way you’re coming in, or what time etc.
Hope this helps

msgyorkie:
I used to park on Carnaby industrial estate many years ago. Nothing there but quiet down the bottom

Thirded.

msgyorkie:

Diesel fairy ■■■■■■ have set up a semi-permanent camp at the end of the estate.

pierrot 14:
Hi Shrek,
Just had a look on Truckfly, can’t find a truckstop in the area, but there is a big parking area next to the station.

[/quote]
Not any more. It used to be the coach park. They closed it a while back and it’s now got a Lidl on it and they’re building a small retail park.

Go down Bessingby Road to Bessingby Way Industrial Estate, past McDonalds then take your first left inbetween EYMS bus garage and the caravan sales place. Down to the bottom it’s a T junction which is Boundary Road, turn right then reverse back past the junction and park up. It’s a dead end and no access to anything on it. You’re right next to Morrisons supermarket and McDonalds. Only downside is it’s next to the railway but there’s only really one train, maybe two an hour and they stop around 10pm and don’t start until around 6am.

google.co.uk/maps/@54.08179 … 332,18.17z

You used to be able to park on the main road in the industrial estate but they double yellowed it and also put up bollards on some of it to stop trucks nighting out but on Boundary Road there’s no such restrictions.

Another option is the Cattle Market car park in Driffield. Takeaways and pubs within a minutes walk. You’ve got to be careful which way you come in though, you need to come into Driffield down Beverley Road then turn right after the petrol station down Albion Street onto Eastgate South. It’s a tight left hand turn you’ll need to go on the wrong side of the road to get round but I’ve parked on that car park plenty of times. You’ll need to go out the same way you came in.

google.co.uk/maps/@54.00569 … 359317,19z

Thanks for the replies, folks! I rang the site contact who said there’s a layby right opposite the site (housing development) but when I got there, it was the size of a Fiat 500…and on double yellows. Found myself a nice quiet road at the bottom of Carnaby estate and had a good night’s sleep.
P.s. That permanent cafe/burger van on the estate only takes cash…which was a bit annoying! :laughing:

Shrek:
P.s. That permanent cafe/burger van on the estate only takes cash…which was a bit annoying! :laughing:

With the greatest respect pal; any driver who’s doing a pre-advised night out and doesn’t carry at least the cost of his day’s food in cash only has themselves to blame.