Truck stop info NE please

Can anyone tell
Me if there are any truckstops in the Sunderland, Newcastle are
Stopping tonight , got 3 deliveries in the area tomorrow
Blaydon , Sunderland and Cramlington
Thanks for your help

You can park in the coach park by the radio arena in Newcastle city centre (ord street) its free and not far to walk into town

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Which way you heading after Cramlington? North or south?

Nearest ‘proper’ stop for you (I think), will be Washington services, further south Durham services. Both On the A1 (M)

Alot further north on the A1, is the Purdy Lodge, way past Alnwick though.

HTH

Their is a truck stop on aycliffe ind est, just off the A1

matt3903:
You can park in the coach park by the radio arena in Newcastle city centre (ord street) its free and not far to walk into town

this. few decent boozers as you head in to town, had a few cracking nights there.
some of the 1st pubs you come to, may be of the “rainbow” variety, just so you know.
dog and parrot is good for a laugh.

Thereal-john:
Their is a truck stop on aycliffe ind est, just off the A1

That’s at the top of the Newton Aycliffe turn off. (A167)

From the south, off the sliproad, to the top, look to your left, and bingo. Turn in by MaccyD’s.

Ken.

chilistrucker:

matt3903:

this. few decent boozers as you head in to town, had a few cracking nights there.
some of the 1st pubs you come to, may be of the “rainbow” variety, just so you know.
dog and parrot is good for a laugh.

The area near to the Arena heading towards toon, is the uphill gardener area, on the site of the old Marlborough Crescent bus station.

Not far from there is the infamous Rupali Indian in the Bigg Market with the legendary curry hell. (If you have the balls.)

Ken.

theres a new one in howdon near the tyne tunnel but it depends if your going north or south after drops i,d go for arena but the darts is on there tonight so might be busy

Thank-you all very much for the info, much appreciated. Decided on the services at Washington
After my last drop at Cramlington will probably be heading south with a reload on the way from somewhere
Once again cheers :smiley:

Hi, I’m delivering up to Newcastle next week but leaving lorry and trailer there for 3 days of job. Can’t find Howdon Truck Stop on Google. Does anyone know of secure parking near Newcastle Centre? Thanks

There is no truck stop at Howdon, they are plenty of industrial estates to park in, you could park on the airport industrial estate, it at Kingston park next to Tesco, you could park out side of Tyneside training services and leave it there. It should be fine to leave, never heard of any issues there, and if you need anyone to pick p by and check on it, I can help, I live 2 mins from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durham MSE is alright, being a Roadchef you get two £5 meal vouchers included and there’s a McDonalds so supper and breakfast is sorted.

There is also the arena car park in the city centre if you want

If nowt on at the Sage in Gateshead you will be able to park there & leave should be safe a short walk across the bridge to Newcastle or a short walk into Gateshead plenty places to eat also a large Tesco cinema as well as plenty busses & metro

Plenty of industrial est around as well you could park next to Fowler Welch in Washington it will be safe there again not far to walk for a bus