Drivers assessment

Skndlz:
Hi everybody

today morning I was on a driving assessment and the assessor, transport manager himself, asked me to drive two trailers from the workshop as part of the assessment because " didnt have available trailers". obviously killing two birds with one stone. is that even legal? I havent signed a contract yet so I assume I wouldn’t be compensated for any potential injuries that might’ve happened, or would I?

P.S. still waiting for outcome

Cheers…

I would not call it an assessment, I would class it as a Practical PRE - Employment Interview !!! Which includes, dropping and picking up a trailer from various locations, plus the maneuverability of the vehicle while hooked up and solo.
You ask if its legal ■■ A company can initiate any and all types of pre employment testing and interview, I have never heard of anyone being paid for an interview, and I doubt very much a contract was needed. As to injuries should one happen, the companies insurance should cover you.
As has been mentioned already, the question of are you presently or wanting to be a Trucker.
Remember the company owes you nothing you are BEGING for employment and must meet their requirements,

If I was the Interviewer / Transport Manager I would have rejected you, because your mind set is obviously unmatched for the task you applied for. You may want to try Mac Donalds, they have DRIVE THROUGHS !!!