Assessment

Got a Phone Call today
assessment again.
Did it last Year,but now they ask 100 Question,plus a Driving.
I may understand it wrong,but,…
I have made some Assessments,and everywhere the Assessment Driver showed you the Yard,the Vehicle,the Documents,and the Work.
I got explained how i have to do,how the Company would like have the job done,how to use the Vehicle,Telephon Numbers,and everything.
Even had the same Treathment at tesco weybridge.
Now we will have to do somethings we did when we made the Driving Licence.
Why?
Well,If we fail the Theory Test we are off Work for ntwo week
if we fail the Driving test we are off Work for six Month.= :laughing: Just to be back for Christmas Work.
To you mean i’m doing wrong when scrolling down to “Driver Vacancies” :question:

What on earth are you wittering on about?

Deathstar:

I was scratching my head as well but I am going to ASSUME that perhaps he is an agency driver working for a large company who do assessments yearly.

If I am correct then failing a part of the asessment would mean not working for that company for a period of time.

It could be that it is a company ploy to reduce the agency workforce (seems odd though as they could just do it) or to get reduced rates from the agency.

I cannot see this being for a permanent worker as it would not make sense.

It’s probably the H&S dept. making themselves indispensable in case of layoffs. When I did my Wincanton assessment, he watched me do my checks, hook a trailer up then a short drive up and down the motorway with a bit on an A road. Back to base, park on a bay and loads of H&S paperwork, none of which I had to read or understand. Only after the 3 run I did, did I find out that sat navs are grounds for instant dismissal. Well how the ■■■■ am I supposed to find the ■■■■ supermarkets in a county I don’t live in then ? Oh if you ask we’ll give you copies of maps. And the maps are hand-drawn and completely misleading. The kind that make sense after you’ve been there a few times.
I got a call from a transport jobbie when out on one run, asking me to come back in the office for another run when I got back. He asked if I had a hands free headset, No, said I, YOU REALISE YOU SHOULDN’T BE DRIVING AND USING THE PHONE he said, it’s on speaker phone, said I. Then when I got back no less than 4 people came over and told me I had to go into the office for another run. I even got bollocked for parking in the road to go in the office before dropping the empty to save time. But that’s exactly what the guy doing the assessment told me to do !
Numpties.

ROG:

Deathstar:

I was scratching my head as well but I am going to ASSUME that perhaps he is an agency driver working for a large company who do assessments yearly.

If I am correct then failing a part of the asessment would mean not working for that company for a period of time.

It could be that it is a company ploy to reduce the agency workforce (seems odd though as they could just do it) or to get reduced rates from the agency.

I cannot see this being for a permanent worker as it would not make sense.

Well,yes
Funnily we made all the assessment,but it’s not accepted anymore.The Reason? They say safety :bulb: