Driving assessment.

Now I don’t mind going out for a hour or two for an assessment unpaid, but a company that I recently applied to expected me to do a run today that they said would possibly be 13 hours but more than likely 15! I don’t consider that to be an assessment, more like free labour. Told them thanks but no thanks.

wouldn’t ask any of my guys to do it unpaid, the only time I don’t pay is if you fail. I don’t get it from anyone so take it from my earnings but as I have said before I wont ask my drivers to do something I wont do myself.

Sounds like an “assessment” you’d fail even if everything went perfectly. Then tomorrow,they’d have someone else in for “an assessment” (unpaid of course) and he would also “fail”. And so the merry go round continues as they get a days free work from drivers forever :laughing:

dreamingofoz:
Now I don’t mind going out for a hour or two for an assessment unpaid, but a company that I recently applied to expected me to do a run today that they said would possibly be 13 hours but more than likely 15! I don’t consider that to be an assessment, more like free labour. Told them thanks but no thanks.

One way of not paying agencies I suppose…Cover shortages with names in the CV pile. :unamused:

■■■■ take. Some people are obviously doing it though :open_mouth:

A ■■■■ take for sure, but a way of getting free labour? I’m not so sure; an assessment would surely comprise of the assessee and the assessor travelling in the same vehicle, so from a purely free labour point of view where is the benefit as the assessor will be getting paid.

Of course it could be for a position which is traditionally double manned, in which case I’m talking bollox (again :smiley: ).

I went for a assessment on my rest,i went and told them i was unable to go on the road or put a card in due to it being my weekly rest,they were chuffed to bits that i was doing things by the book and got the job without getting my arse in the drivers seat :wink:

I once went on an assessment for an hour which turned into a 6hr run complete with assessor sat in the passenger seat. I phoned the agency and they paid me the minimum 8hr rate for the job. If its through agency it may be worth a call.

Not through agency, it was for a full time salaried position and I have a fair to good chance of getting a good hourly paid job that I know is coming up in the next few months. The agency I use may not be the highest payers as far as hourly rate is concerned but they are straight with me and always have work when I want it, which since January has been full time. They never ask me to do anything without paying me.

What company was it for drive if tou don’t mind me asking that was we can all give it a miss :open_mouth: