Who's in the wrong?

The arguments for and against here - seem to be missing the third glaring option, which happens to be my opinion as to who is really in the wrong here…

Discuss.

I say the van is criminally parked!

After that, the cyclist - shouldn’t bloody well be riding on the pavement…

The car driver - has done nothing wrong, not even exceeded the 20mph speed limit here.

I’d use the indignation of the cyclist to get their details off them, and then bill them for that busted windscreen!
:imp:

Car driver was lucky.

That mustve been some immigrant or Tother on the bike.
A real Scummer would not have just broken the windscreen, he`d have written the car off!

Van badly parked, yes. Criminally, no.

Cyclist should have been aware of the possibility of oncoming car and should either have been riding much slower or should have stopped. Car should have been going a bit slower than he was, given that he could not see past the van. Could just as easily have been someone out running. The fact that the cyclist shouldn’t have been riding on the pavement is immaterial; we all know that they do and should act accordingly. There does not seem to be any evidence of warnings about a cycle-way, which you would expect if it was designated thus.

Cyclist was lucky. Car driver was unlucky; but at least he didn’t have somebody’s death on his conscience.

100% the cyclists fault in my opinion.

tachograph:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
end of discussion… simples :exclamation:

Havisham Rd. Just down the road from the Rudmore roundabout, and Ferryport entry.
Seems to be a footpath, not a cycleway.

but a cyclist was “nearly killed” :neutral_face:

Suedehead:

Yes but you don’t score any points for a “nearly:frowning: :wink:

tachograph:

Suedehead:

Yes but you don’t score any points for a “nearly:frowning: :wink:

Yeh, it’s like “Labour could win the next election” or “Brexit could be reversed by anyone else in power other than Boris”… :unamused:

All part of the predictable anarchy created by by giving cyclists carte blanche perceived or real to ignore all rules based on their ‘vulnerability’.
Now added to by ambulance drivers who think it’s fun to run through blind hazards and junctions with only blue lights but with the noise turned off.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Also was possibly a cash for crash scam and the van driver was in on it.

m.a.n rules:

tachograph:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
end of discussion… simples :exclamation:

Nothing else to say is there?

Except maybe 1 less cyclist that feels invincible :smiling_imp:

cyclist at fault , but perhaps i’m biased as i watch them outside my house on cctv riding on pavements, wrong way on the road , cross the traffic lights on red , all the usual stuff, there’s a perfectly good cycle way near me , do they use it , do they buggery , when i’m walking and a cycle comes up behind me , as they usually do with the 'skooz pls , or kwak , kwak , or some other useless warning noise , i just point to the road and crack on in the middle of the path.
tony

the parked van should have had a big singe on the side saying BLIND SPOT and cones around it…the van driver should have taken more care and maybe have taken another route that morning …I will wait until Vine has his oar in on the case

Cyclist, as he shouldn’t have been on the pavement.

Winseer:
The arguments for and against here - seem to be missing the third glaring option, which happens to be my opinion as to who is really in the wrong here…

Discuss.

WATCH: Cyclist bounces off van's windscreen after crossing roadway without looking | Daily Mail Online

I say the van is criminally parked!

After that, the cyclist - shouldn’t bloody well be riding on the pavement…

The car driver - has done nothing wrong, not even exceeded the 20mph speed limit here.

I’d use the indignation of the cyclist to get their details off them, and then bill them for that busted windscreen!

:imp:

They are all in the wrong,
Van parked illegally,
Cyclist for riding across a crosswalk with out slowing down or looking.
And the Driver for not slowing down and looking for Pedestrians and others crossing in front of him.

sort of old video however cyclist is 100% in wrong : 1. being on pavement 2. cyclist was drunk yes it was confirmed 3. riding without due care and attention

van shouldnt park there but oh well deal with it i say

car driver is a novice i would of slowed the f down if visibility was restricted and to always be expecting the unexpected