Cycle lanes

dailymail.co.uk/video/londo … ondon.html

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Grabs popcorn.

95% Tossco
5% furious appendendage rubber.

It’s a jungle out there.

Driver signalled a bit late, and obviously did not see him, maybe never even looked in his mirror…reckon it would be deemed his fault in a court of law…and maybe rightly so. (And he did look a bit of a dork when he got out tbh :smiley: )

Cyclist however just maintained his speed maybe thinking he was safe in the knowledge that he was in the right so felt invincible…as they do. :unamused:

However I reckon if I was riding a bike in that situation, whether I was ‘in the right’ or not, I’d be a bit more apprehensive and defensive, when a vehicle was running alongside me whilst approaching left turn junctions, …especially a shop delivery van in a residential area.? :bulb:

Looks to me like the driver didn’t realise until the last moment that he was meant to be turning, especially with his fast he entered the turn and the late signal, and didn’t check his mirror properly, although the cyclist may have been in a blind spot anyway.
Not often I say this, but can’t really blame the cyclist too much on this occasion in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The van wasn’t running along side the cyclist. It was almost passed before turning. My guess is the driver realised at the last moment that he was meant to turn into that street and just went for it without ant thought for anyone or anything else.

100% van drivers fault.
cyclist doing nothing wrong.

jakethesnake:
The van wasn’t running along side the cyclist. It was almost passed before turning. My guess is the driver realised at the last moment that he was meant to turn into that street and just went for it without ant thought for anyone or anything else.

100% van drivers fault.

As I said…In terms of road traffic law?. doing nothing wrong, granted van driver’s fault.
In terms of self preservation and common sense…doing nothing.

We’ve had these discussions before Jake the cemeteries are full of the self righteous with the law on their sides, the more prudent cyclists, drivers, and pedestrians are still alive.

this video clip is the funniest thing ive seen for a month.( especially with the volume turned up so you can hear the smack). :laughing:

i have to say then legally its toscos fault,but as rob says above,the cemetery is full of wassocks that were in the right.
common sense and cyclists entitlement dont run parallel.
this ■■■■■ is a perfect example of todays new breed of helmet cam warrior.
interesting to see how all of a sudden theres a crowd of lycra fannys swarming around cos one of theis bestest best mates got creamed?
excellent entertainment and worth having to sit through a 30 second advert for . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

100% van drivers fault.

As I said…In terms of road traffic law?. doing nothing wrong, granted van driver’s fault.

We’ve had these discussions before Jake the cemeteries are full of the self righteous with the law on their sides, the more prudent cyclists, drivers, and pedestrians are still alive.

I reckon you don’t cycle or have not done for a long time. I would love to see you cycling round London for a month and then hear your views on motorists.
I totally agree some cyclists don’t help themselves but in this case what should the cyclist have done?

Crawl along at 2 mph looking over his shoulder everytime a vehicle approaches from behind?
He was doing absolutely nothing wrong but in your eyes he should be more aware.

Explain what you would have done in his case?

100% van drivers fault.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I reckon you don’t cycle or have not done for a long time. I would love to see you cycling round London for a month and then hear your views on motorists.
I totally agree some cyclists don’t help themselves but in this case what should the cyclist have done?

Crawl along at 2 mph looking over his shoulder everytime a vehicle approaches from behind?

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
he had enough time from registering the tesco taliban put his indicator on to stand the bike on its nose and at least lessen any collision whereas he didnt due to the fact he was too intent on keeping up with whoever was in front so he could get a better sniff of his ■■■■■.
if he was riding like a true “professional” he would have been anticipating the unexpected and would have been able to act accordingly.( this means even letting some of his tree hugging chums overtake him).

n

jakethesnake:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

100% van drivers fault.

You’re dead right mate, I don’t cycle much these days, and certainly not round London.
You’re also not reading my posts properly, I agreed he was doing nothing ‘wrong’.

What would I have done in that case?
No not tootle along at 2mph, but I reckon alarm bells would be ringing and I would try and be aware that vehicles were likely to be turning left,.whether or not he was doing nothing wrong he just maintained his speed and kept pedaling.
I told you a couple of weeks ago a cyclist just kept coming when he saw me in a 44 tonne artic signalling to turn left crossing a cycle lane, and in the dark and rain… ok I did see him in my mirrors, but how could he be sure I did not when he just kept coming at the same rate of speed.
Just to reiterate for you…doing nothing wrong, but lacking in self preservation instincts and common sense.

robroy:

jakethesnake:

robroy:

jakethesnake:

100% van drivers fault.

You’re dead right mate, I don’t cycle much these days, and certainly not round London.
You’re also not reading my posts properly, I agreed he was doing nothing ‘wrong’.

What would I have done in that case?
No not tootle along at 2mph, but I reckon alarm bells would be ringing and I would try and be aware that vehicles were likely to be turning left,.whether or not he was doing nothing wrong he just maintained his speed and kept pedaling.
I told you a couple of weeks ago a cyclist just kept coming when he saw me in a 44 tonne artic signalling to turn left crossing a cycle lane, and in the dark and rain… ok I did see him in my mirrors, but how could he be sure I did not when he just kept coming at the same rate of speed.
Just to reiterate for you…doing nothing wrong, but lacking in self preservation instincts and common sense.

Sorry, in this case I don’t agree and I did read your post correctly. :wink:

Ok, I’ll start and do things your way…so next time I get my bike out, I’ll 100% rely on the integrity and competence of drivers of all motor vehicles, and put my life entirely in their hands rather than ride defensively, by looking out for potential ■■■■ up situations …I’ll let you know how I get on. :neutral_face:

robroy:
Ok, I’ll start and do things your way…so next time I get my bike out, I’ll 100% rely on the integrity and competence of drivers of all motor vehicles, and put my life entirely in their hands rather than ride defensively, by looking out for potential ■■■■ up situations …I’ll let you know how I get on. :neutral_face:

You do that and then maybe your perception might be less biased and more in keeping with reality. :wink:

jakethesnake:

robroy:

You do that and then maybe your perception might be less biased and more in keeping with reality. :wink:

Ok I will, but I’ll put A & E no. in my phone just in case. :smiley:

Just to get this straight, a guy who continuously rambles on (and on) about standards of driving dropping, and all type of idiots on the road is actually advocating what I jokingly suggested. :open_mouth:
Yeh Ok Jake, I promise. :neutral_face: :smiley:

Seriously though Jake, these lycra heroes do think they’re invincible,.and the ones with the helmet cams are even more aggressive…surely you can not argue with that,.and before you start drivers ain’t perfect either, but stand a much better chance of survival.

AAA and… they’re off.

robroy:

You know how when you’re driving your lorry down the motorway and no matter how fast you’re going or how close to the junction you are, some pillock will always try and cut in front of you. Well, riding a bike is a bit like that. No matter how fast or slow you go, some prick will always want to be in front of you.

Now before you start telling me that the cyclist could have braked, I know that. I also know that jabbing on the brakes will result in one of two things. Either a long line of rubber on the tarmac or a large lump of lycra on the tarmac using the “over the handlebars” route.

As unpalatable as it is, there really wasn’t much the cyclist could do.

Thank you Nite Owl, I feel there are probably a few on here that feel the same but not man enough to say so.
Nobody wants to agree with poor old Jakey. :laughing:

jakethesnake:
Thank you Nite Owl, I feel there are probably a few on here that feel the same but not man enough to say so.
Nobody wants to agree with poor old Jakey. :laughing:

Is it because your come across as a complete knob?

AndieHyde:

jakethesnake:
Nobody wants to agree with poor old Jakey. [emoji38]

Is it because your come across as a complete knob?

+1

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk