Police or cyclist, whos in the wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=WK00wAF- … re=related

Not even going to bother looking at that, but in answer to your question…BOTH, one’s a cyclist, the other a copper, it’s the only possible answer…Do I win a prize :question:

The copper turns around to him and says ‘you’re on the road so you should follow the same rules as any other vehicle’ or something, I’m paraphrasing because I struggled to hear him.
Would the copper have overtook a car and cut in like that? No
What about a street sweeper, or a bin wagon or any other slow moving vehicle? No.

I wouldn’t have said sorry, I’d have said “listen muppet, a) you’re hear to enforce the rules of the land and b) you should be setting a better example. You cut across a cyclist - forcing another road user to change their course or speed is a failure at test level - and then you come and abuse your powers and aggrovate me because you KNOW you were in the wrong and felt like a little man with a tiny ■■■■■”
:smiling_imp:

Thats what alot of people on youtube are saying but i dont think the copper did anything that bad to be fair, ok so it was possibly abit cheeky but the cyclist didnt need to react like that. Havnt read much about it but looks like london and everyone drives like a ■■■■■■ there, its the only way to get around :smiling_imp:

waynedl:
The copper turns around to him and says ‘you’re on the road so you should follow the same rules as any other vehicle’ or something, I’m paraphrasing because I struggled to hear him.
What about a street sweeper, or a bin wagon or any other slow moving vehicle? No.

I wouldn’t have said sorry, I’d have said "listen muppet, a) you’re hear to enforce the rules of the land and b) you should be setting a better example. You cut across a cyclist - forcing another road user to change their course or speed is a failure at test level - and then you come and abuse your powers:

+1

mickyblue:

waynedl:

I wouldn’t have said sorry, I’d have said "listen muppet, a) you’re hear to enforce the rules of the land and b) you should be setting a better example. You cut across a cyclist - forcing another road user to change their course or speed is a failure at test level - and then you come and abuse your powers:

+1

:open_mouth:

Come on, that over take was a stupid one and a waste of time. You all know what i do, but i am just like you guys/girls.

If anyone is in the wrong it has to be the Policeman although I didn’t spot the hand gesture given by the cyclist. It was a pointless overtake when turning off.

copper could have kept his speed up and taken the one in front as well!!! Next rule will be no left turn in case you enter the cycle lane!!

Saaamon:
Thats what alot of people on youtube are saying but i dont think the copper did anything that bad to be fair, ok so it was possibly abit cheeky but the cyclist didnt need to react like that. Havnt read much about it but looks like london and everyone drives like a ■■■■■■ there, its the only way to get around :smiling_imp:

Agreed, if the cyclist backed off just a little bit then there wouldn’t have been a problem. These cyclists seem to like going flat out and shouting abuse at whoever dares to get in their way.

Cyclists in London are all like this there bloody suicidal and think they own the road and to be honest they get right on my ■■■■ :imp:

nickyboy:

Saaamon:

Agreed, if the cyclist backed off just a little bit then there wouldn’t have been a problem. These cyclists seem to like going flat out and shouting abuse at whoever dares to get in their way.

But, why should he? Because the copper is soo important that he can’t hold back for a couple of seconds.

The cyclist is going flat out as you say, it’s a damned site harder to build up speed on a cycle than it is to press a throttle or brake in a car.

Now, we can’t see behind the cyclist, so maybe this was the safest manouver, but it seemed very arrogant and selfish and, as I said, would he have done that to a slow moving vehicle or just because it was a cyclist. Then for him to go and give the cyclist abuse about sharing the roads :open_mouth: Un bloody believable

The police aggravate me almost on a daily basis!

I was pulled over on my push bike a few weeks ago for ‘giving the officer a dirty look’… wrong! I was looking at the officer in the eye like i do with most other motorists (when they are about to exit a junction when im riding), that way you know for sure that THEY know your there and they wont do anything daft! As they way i look at it is that NO MATTER WHOS FAULT IT IS ITS GOING TO HURT ME MORE THAN THE DRIVER!!

I also saw today a speed van blatantly trying to hide to pump there catch rate up! Doesnt bother me as I never exceed the limit… But it does aggrivate me that the fact that if you were to get caught you could speed for the next 2 weeks while waiting to get a letter to say you had been caught speeding… you could have killed someone in that 2 weeks, surely being educated on the spot would be a better way of doing it?! nope obviously not its better to get some cash out of someone.

In my younger days i I had a megane sport of which i started saving for before i even got my licese! (lol looking back who knows why i bought a french car, but at the time it was what i had dreamed of having!) but i would regulary get pulled for being a drug dealer, a drink driver or a ‘standard stop’ or anything that they could think of 30 seconds before they pulled me. It never appeared to dawn on them that i was just a hardworking lad that loved his motors and thats what he spent his earnings on!

Honestly the mind boggles as to what goes through this high and mighty officers mind

mind you on a plus note been driving 8 years now and had no points and only a handful of producers, so i guess i must have passed the attitude test… but i think i must have spent thousands on new tyres and fuel when i would light them up after I had been pulled… i jest… but now i have a 4 door passat saloon and a little lady on board thing on the back window i never get touched! :laughing:

Anyway rant over!

In this particular case i think the cyclist over-reacted a tad, but hey ho…

drummerkev:

I was pulled over on my push bike a few weeks ago for ‘giving the officer a dirty look’… wrong! I was looking at the officer in the eye like i do with most other motorists (when they are about to exit a junction when im riding), that way you know for sure that THEY know your there and they wont do anything daft! As they way i look at it is that NO MATTER WHOS FAULT IT IS ITS GOING TO HURT ME MORE THAN THE DRIVER!!

I do the same when i am on my motorbike. I look into the drivers eyes to make sure they have seen me. I even had a gentlemen get out of his car to confront me and say "YOU GOT A ******ING PROBLEM, soon dealt with!

drummerkev:

I also saw today a speed van blatantly trying to hide to pump there catch rate up! Doesnt bother me as I never exceed the limit… But it does aggrivate me that the fact that if you were to get caught you could speed for the next 2 weeks while waiting to get a letter to say you had been caught speeding… you could have killed someone in that 2 weeks, surely being educated on the spot would be a better way of doing it?! nope obviously not its better to get some cash out of someone.

In my younger days i I had a megane sport of which i started saving for before i even got my licese! (lol looking back who knows why i bought a french car, but at the time it was what i had dreamed of having!) but i would regulary get pulled for being a drug dealer, a drink driver or a ‘standard stop’ or anything that they could think of 30 seconds before they pulled me. It never appeared to dawn on them that i was just a hardworking lad that loved his motors and thats what he spent his earnings on!

Honestly the mind boggles as to what goes through this high and mighty officers mind

mind you on a plus note been driving 8 years now and had no points and only a handful of producers, so i guess i must have passed the attitude test… but i think i must have spent thousands on new tyres and fuel when i would light them up after I had been pulled… i jest… but now i have a 4 door passat saloon and a little lady on board thing on the back window i never get touched! :laughing:

Anyway rant over!

In this particular case i think the cyclist over-reacted a tad, but hey ho…

I agree, the cyclist probably did over-react, and he probably wouldn’t have reacted in the same way if it was a normal car or something rather than a cop car. But, I think, as I said before, it’s the assumption that a copper should be setting examples, hence the reaction, he said “you’re a copper ffs” or words to that effect.
I can’t say how I would react, I cycle very defensively - on my push bike not my motorbike - but have had words with a few drivers over the years due to stupidity putting me in danger.
This rider wasn’t put in any danger, just inconvenienced, and I’ve said we can’t see behind the cyclist so no idea if that was the safest manouver, but it was still a stupid and selfish manouver.
As I said, on your test, if you force someone else to deviate, you fail. These are the standards that a copper should be driving to, set an example.

I think the copper is the prick, their standard of driving is atrocious but just because they’re the law they do as they please #tossers…!

waynedl:

nickyboy:

Saaamon:

But, why should he? Because the copper is soo important that he can’t hold back for a couple of seconds.

The cyclist is going flat out as you say, it’s a damned site harder to build up speed on a cycle than it is to press a throttle or brake in a car.

Now, we can’t see behind the cyclist, so maybe this was the safest manouver, but it seemed very arrogant and selfish and, as I said, would he have done that to a slow moving vehicle or just because it was a cyclist. Then for him to go and give the cyclist abuse about sharing the roads :open_mouth: Un bloody believable

Agreed the copper should have held back but the cyclist could have easily avoided the situation by backing off, a little bit of give & take is all that’s needed on the roads. If he was driving a car would he keep going and ram them if he was cut up? You can see the cyclist raise his hand more than likely to gesture to the copper which is why he stopped on the junction, if the cyclist hadn’t done that then the car would have made the turn and been out of the cyclists way.
Cant say i’ve ever seen particuarly bad driving by the Police, certainly no worse than i see every day from regular motorists and it plainly obvious most people on here hate the Police for no particular reason other than they’re the Police