20mph speed cameras

RIPPER:

La Goudale frenchies

You mean TSA drivers, which means they aint necessarily French, when i worked for them there was about a dozen English/UK drivers there
And their yard in St Omer is around 40 minutes off the train/ferry and almost all of it on national roads so they are probably headed for home
Besides if the French gendarme saw a French registered truck running on a sunday they wouldn’t stop them, they’d rather wait and catch any truck from any other country you care to mention and chuck a 1000 euro fine at them instead :smiling_imp:

Oh…and one other thing, they have an account at Ashford Truckstop and park/drop trailers in there…thats where i was based when i worked for them
Could have been heading there and then going home to their English houses :question:

Fair comment.

I’ll add that after steaming past me, they also bypassed the turn-off in the distance ahead of me for the international truck stop further down the road.
I concluded they were in a hurry to catch a ferry then, rather than go on break at said truckstop…

If I put my hard brexit hat on for a minute…
…I could argue “WTF are they even still doing on UK roads these days?”
Bugger their reasons for still coming here, indeed. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:
Brexit - was supposed to have priced them out of the entire trans-channel market, as far as I’m concerned. :neutral_face:
The net logical end to this - should be continental drivers dumping their haul at near-port depots, and returning on the next ferry, rather than driving all around UK roads, wearing out our roads and squatting our laybys (in more ways than one) whilst refusing to pay our fuel duty by carrying supertanks full of fuel to avoid our UK fuel duties filling up here.

Have you noticed the sheer number of depots being built all along the “trade route” corridors inland these days?

Lots of jobs for UK-based Truckers, less places to run to profitably for EU based hauliers. :bulb: