SPEEDING ??

I Went through a 20 mph zone at 26 mph today when i got round a bend there was the camera van … has anyone been done in a 20 zone .■■/ some people say no some say yes i will get a ticket

YAMBOL57:
I Went through a 20 mph zone at 26 mph today when i got round a bend there was the camera van … has anyone been done in a 20 zone .■■/ some people say no some say yes i will get a ticket

hand your licence back please to dvla :grimacing: you’re going to get shot in the morning! :sunglasses: ticket through the post NIP STYLEEEEEEEEE :laughing: merry Xmas they’ll be having a drink on you :wink:

YAMBOL57:

Sounds as if they have found a good earner, I got done doing 37 in a 30 zone but was lucky enough to have a clean licence and get away with a speed awareness course.

as far as i know they cant enforce a 20 mph speed limit, thats y they all say advisory limit, if you were under 30 id say your fine, unless the greedy bs have changed the law

Plugster:
as far as i know they cant enforce a 20 mph speed limit, thats y they all say advisory limit, if you were under 30 id say your fine, unless the greedy bs have changed the law

There are 20 ZONES and 20 LIMITS.

Zones are the advisory ones. It’s supposed to be self-enforcing, usually have speed bumps and all that lot, find it outside schools and all that.

Limits are like any other limit. They have 20 roundels and repeaters up and are enforcable (though I’ve never seen or heard of it). These are to be found in various bits of towns and cities (seen a few around Nottingham), and just about all of Bristol is a 20 limit.

I was told to get off with speed course you have to be 10 % or less over the max limit. more than this and you have to take the points and fine. beware people the camera’s both mobile and fixed seem to be being used in full force, so many people recently have been done including myself.

urbanfox:

Plugster:

Zones are the advisory ones. It’s supposed to be self-enforcing, usually have speed bumps and all that lot, find it outside schools and all that.

Limits are like any other limit. They have 20 roundels and repeaters up and are enforcable (though I’ve never seen or heard of it). These are to be found in various bits of towns and cities (seen a few around Nottingham), and just about all of Bristol is a 20 limit.

All of Bristol? Can’t say I’ve noticed many 20 limits…

jrt:
I was told to get off with speed course you have to be 10 % or less over the max limit.

That’s not correct, most forces stick to the ACPO guidelines of 10%+2mph before they prosecute. So, for a 30 you will have to be doing 35 before you get a ticket.

Different forces have different criteria for a speed awareness course but for a 30mph zone a course would be offered for speeds of between 35 to 39mph inclusive for some forces and 35 to 42mph inclusive in other areas. A speed within the range of speed limit + 10%+2mph to speed limit + 10%+6mph. i.e. in a 30 mph limit 35 - 39 mph is a good guide to being offered a course.

An offence in a 20mph zone doesn’t usually get offered a course regardless of the speed being done at the time.

I know it’s a bit of a novel idea to some, but if the sign says 20, don’t do more than that.

+1
Generally adjacent to schools or called play streets. There to save kids lives so don’t speed!

urbanfox:

Plugster:

I was never aware of the difference, i thought a zone was a limit, although i’m not clear on that. LIke you say though i do know that 20mph limits are meant to be self policing. Maybe the 20mph zone has a time limit attached to it for schools etc ? I havn’t gone and googled the subject. We’ve a lot of 20 mph areas in Liverpool, i’ve no idea if they are zones or limits, i’ll go check now!!

If it was a 20 in a red circle, it’s a limit, if it’s in a green circle, it’s advisory.

speedingcheck.co.uk/ find out if it got you

fdm:

urbanfox:

Plugster:

All of Bristol? Can’t say I’ve noticed many 20 limits…

I live in bristol and there are lots of 20mph zones on main roads. Our illustrious Lord Mayor hates cars and has introduced them and residents parking zones where you have to pay an annual charge and still park two or three streets from your house. Bristol is also suppose to be the cycling capital of britain. The place is so hilly that you would need to be Tour de France fit to get anywhere.
There is a wide main road in Bristol where the street girls ply their trade and the lamposts on the centre islands had big signs on them saying that kerb crawlers will be arrested. This road now has a 20 mph limit and the signs have been taken down because everyone is kerb crawling legally now.

Need to know where this street is… :blush: :blush:

Need to know where this street is… :blush: :blush:

For goodness sake - give him directions someone:)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Found a fiver yesterday burning a hole now…

FEWWW PANIC OVER GUYS
I went back the other day after on another job and where the van was and i was doing 26 is the 30 part and the 20 mph part is outside the school in Church town st Micheals Garstang just off the A6 it has Flashing lights when in use … it was at 2.45 so not in use anyways but I bet that he had a few that day as he was well tucked in on a bend … and you dont see him untill you come out of the bend … by that time it would be well to late … nasty :open_mouth: THANKS FOR THE REPLIES …