average speed cameras

like the ones on the m6/m1 i seem to be the only one that sticks to the limit
anybody know of anyone getting prosecuted with evidence from these?
im not going to start speeding up but fed up with trucks sat on my arse in the roadworks like im doing something wrong

they had them when the resurfaced the M20 between Folkestone and Ashford a few years ago. In the first week they caught 800 people. They even had a sign up at one point and changed the total daily until they ran out of numbers to put on it.

IMO though, if they have say 4 cameras, only two of them are real ones. I used to comute through them and you noticed that one pair had a working generator with it’s exhaust flap bobbing away and cables running from them. The other pair they just used to move along and poke in a new hole when they moved the road works, no cables no gene, draw your own conclusions.

thse on the m6 are on the gantrys and the cables run into the grey boxes on the side of the motorway, no generaters to give the game away

Could pick up power from the street lighting if they wanted.

They`ve got evil looking faces…Alien Scrotes… :smiling_imp:

How come so many car drivers, and a few truck drivers, seem confused as to the meaning of average speed? Every night in the roadworks between 8 and 11 on the M1 I see folk speeding up to the camera, braking hard then roaring away again as if they are ‘normal’ cameras.

Try this linkhttp://www.speedcheck.co.uk/FAQs.htm

Half way down the page in Red It says

Download SPECS Presentation

It gives a good explaination of how they work

Coffeeholic:
How come so many car drivers, and a few truck drivers, seem confused as to the meaning of average speed? Every night in the roadworks between 8 and 11 on the M1 I see folk speeding up to the camera, braking hard then roaring away again as if they are ‘normal’ cameras.

I’ve always been mystified by that one, maybe simple arithmatic eludes them, a similar thing applies to those who crawl through average camera areas because they too are not sure what they can and cannot do.

Has anyone any idea about the camera(s) on the A64 as you leave the A1(M) to go East.

Just after the slip road joins from the A1 S/B, you have the normal Trafficmaster camera, and just beyond it is another pole, taller, with two cameras angled down.

I thought that they might be ‘Specs’ but I couldn’t see any other set further along.

I’m presuming it must be a permanent ANPR site. :slight_smile:

i just do speed limit plus 10per cent on a52/ a46/ m42 and have had no problems.

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:49 pm Post subject:

i just do speed limit plus 10per cent on a52/ a46/ m42 and have had no problems.

well done. Does this mean we can all start ignoring speed LIMITS then :unamused:

like the ones on the m6/m1 i seem to be the only one that sticks to the limit

If you stick to the limit on most roads you will be in the minority.

Heading to work last night I was doing 50 through Grendon on the A5 (at the limit) - with a TNT truck sitting right on bumper (that’ll be 10mph over then), then when it goes to a national dual carriageway the moron pulled out to overtake, obviously advanced planning was not a concept he understood, and ended up sitting in the outside lane looking a bit of a ■■■.

G

shade wrote… well done, does this mean we can all ignore the speed limits then
no it means using a bit of common sence , im not doing 47/ 48 or even 50 im doing 44mph ,its not even the 10% plus 1 mph, its 44mph on cruise, is it illegal yes but as i say sometimes you have to use a bit of common sence. as for does that mean everyone can ignore the speed limits i think youll find on the roads i use 99% of drivers are already using there common sence.
also if you post what your doing and not getting tickets it may help a fellow driver to not get any .it
ITS CALLED TRYING TO HELP YOUR FELLOW DRIVERS AND NOT JUST SLAGING THEM OFF

They have these average speed cameras through the roadworks on the M25 between J24 & J26.

If anyone could do more than an average of 40 through there during the day they ought to give 'em a medal, not a fine. :laughing:

Ady… are you seriously saying that you are helping your fellow driver by condoning speeding thru an area enforced by speed cameras!!! You mention common sence in your post followed swiftly by the statement

, is it illegal yes but as i say sometimes you have to use a bit of common sence.

… need I continue :question:

shade[ i think i may be digging a hole for myself her :laughing: ] but what im trying to say is if you work to the letter of the law yes its illegal, but ive got no points on my license so plod and the people who check the films must also be applying a bit of common sence to the limits or id have loads of points. but yes i do know where your comming from, best thing to do is what the mrs and little un do and just ignore me :wink:

I agree with ady’s point …
The speedo on my landrover is way out and gets further out as the speed increases . When i,m doing 30mph i,m actually doing about 34-35mph .
When my speedo shows 70 mph i,m doing nearly 85 mph .
Obvioulsy at the higher speeds i have to drop down a bit . i.e do 60-65 mph and i,ll probably be doing about 70 -75 mph .
At the lower speeds i drive through cameras with my speeds showing 30 mph ( actually doing about 34-35mph ) No flash and no nips .
Ady is simply driving at what percentages are actually allowed . These percentages are allowed because some speedos are out .
He isnt going to be any more of a danger to anyone .
Jesus , some people !

No my landrover doesnt need calibrating , taking the big fat mud terrain tyres off would return everything back to normal :laughing: .

The speedo on my landrover is way out and gets further out as the speed increases . When i,m doing 30mph i,m actually doing about 34-35mph .

You are right there - all depends on callibration and tyre wear. According to GPS most of the trucks I have driven have always been 2-3 mph slower than the speedo reading. Of course if you get one that is accurate and go at +10% you will pick up tickets - one driver on here was done at 44 on the A5 … … …

G

Jesus , some people !

I’ll tell you what , i’ll stick at just below whatever limit I have to and let you others “play” the percentage game, all I was saying is why try and beat a camera/fine/points etc for the sake of 3-4 mph :exclamation: and Ady …at least we have something in common…being ignored by the wife and kids :smiley:

heard on the radio tonight theyd caught 1,000 motorists going through some road works on the m1 [ fines totalled 60, 000 pounds] i wonder if they were specs, now if only theyd listened to me :laughing: