Bus gates

Yeh…

Bus gates. No, I’ve never heard of them either until today and that was only by wandering down an internet worm hole.
Great big red box painted on the road that say’s Bus Gate in white letters.
Yeh, you’ve guessed it, cross it and it’s a pants down fine in the post.

What will they invent next week to squeeze the hard earned out of our pockets?

yourhavingalarf:
Yeh…

Bus gates. No, I’ve never heard of them either until today and that was only by wandering down an internet worm hole.

Bus gates have been around for a while, they’re normally well sign posted, but, certain people think they are exempt, until they get the fine.

They are basically like bus lanes with camera’s.

yourhavingalarf:

If you don’t drive up/through bus gates or drive in bus lanes it won’t cost you anything :bulb:

tachograph:
If you don’t drive up/through bus gates or drive in bus lanes it won’t cost you anything :bulb:

That’s a…

Fair point. The internet worm-hole I went down was about motorists who had been fined by local councils for driving through bus gates. One car driver putting his left front wheel into the area whilst doing a U turn in attempt to avoid it. Upon appeal, a great many of the fines were quashed, the councils admitting that they were poorly signposted and the rules not fully understood.

yourhavingalarf:
Yeh…

Next time you’re down the wormhole look for the ones with rising bollards!

I live wythemshawe south manchester.
Had a letter there planning put some.in around here.
Leaflet says there putting them in to ease traffic. Encouge people to walk and cycle more.
Where there planning on putting them at end of 2 main Roads .
As it stands now go end road can turn left or right.
When these go.in be busses only.
Forcing all traffic down round housing estate…keeping cars off the main roads.

Worst thing is only 2 buses an hour use the road anyway.
Absolute waste of money.

the day i learnt not to apply the rule of if its a bus route ill fit in london I got caught up with one in deptford following a diverstion that went through a 6 foot width restriction managed to turn round thinking ill follow the same route backwards to be met with a no right turn and weight limits. couldnt find a way back out so called the office to give them the option and was told to take pics of the diverstion and other signs and go through the bus gate never did hear anything. Just never tried to go that way again.

edd1974:
I live wythemshawe south manchester.
Had a letter there planning put some.in around here.
Leaflet says there putting them in to ease traffic. Encouge people to walk and cycle more.
Where there planning on putting them at end of 2 main Roads .
As it stands now go end road can turn left or right.
When these go.in be busses only.
Forcing all traffic down round housing estate…keeping cars off the main roads.

Worst thing is only 2 buses an hour use the road anyway.
Absolute waste of money.

Just councils trying to cause more traffic and pollution so they can bring in Clear Air Zones in the future.

cooper1203:
the day i learnt not to apply the rule of if its a bus route ill fit in london I got caught up with one in deptford following a diverstion that went through a 6 foot width restriction managed to turn round thinking ill follow the same route backwards to be met with a no right turn and weight limits. couldnt find a way back out so called the office to give them the option and was told to take pics of the diverstion and other signs and go through the bus gate never did hear anything. Just never tried to go that way again.

Tesco Surrey Quays? in what was once known as Surrey Docks.

cav551:

cooper1203:

Tesco Surrey Quays? in what was once known as Surrey Docks.

I’ve delivered to that store :stuck_out_tongue:.

Also on the Tesco note. In London anyway; there are a least 2 stores in which Tesco vehicles can just drive through a bus gate. One of the great things about driving a Tesco truck in London lol they have some many exemptions as Tesco stores are everywhere.