congestion charge

If you turn into a street and the cameras are there with a sign and u do a u turn, are you still liable to cop an enquiry from them?

Dunno…I did it in a “bus only” at Uxbridge 2 years back. Never heard anything. Shouldn’t worry. :sunglasses:

bigvern1:
Dunno…I did it in a “bus only” at Uxbridge 2 years back. Never heard anything. Shouldn’t worry. :sunglasses:

Don’t buses have an exemption? I might be worrying over nothing, I hope they aint pedantic!

Once you cross the great big C in the road your in and have got to pay

You’ll be ok…Go to bed young man! :laughing:

ring up and check
then pay if you have too

Used to deliver cars to Kensington high street, the dealer wasn’t accessible so took them off just inside the congestion zone and they would meet you there and drive them to the showroom, the company was charged iirc but we were there half an hour or so

Hiya …there was a write up in a motor caravan magazine a few months back… a chap in a motorhome took a wrong turn in london and did a u’ee and on his way again( BUT he’d gone into the zone) not been on the ball like us he did’nt even know what he’d done …so of he drove to Spain for 4 months winter hol’s…
apperently when he got home he had a fine for the entry into the zone… he had a few notices
for none payment which was gaining intrest on each letter and on top of that a court order for
none payment …TOTAL £3500…he did get the fine reduced but only about half if i’am correct.
poor sod…i think the payment rose when one of the debit collectors got hold of the none payed
fines.
John

9 years ish ago I got a fine off them, I just binned it, never even bothered opening there letters after that. I’ve since moved house. Whatever came of it I don’t know. :confused: :open_mouth:

Dafman:

It is just like a disease spreading throughout London

Hiya reading the blog on TN last week it said theres IICR £6 million outstanding with forign
drivers and companies not paying LEZ alone so godknows howmuch congestion fines are
outstanding
John

Wheel Nut:

Dafman:

I think all drivers should boycott the bloody place, it isnt designed for lorries so let them sail the stuff up the river and collect it from warehouses themselves with millions of Transit vans, let the smog addled city dwellers sit in a line of white van men and leave the lorryist alone :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Wheel Nut:

Dafman:

I think all drivers should boycott the bloody place, it isnt designed for lorries so let them sail the stuff up the river and collect it from warehouses themselves with millions of Transit vans, let the smog addled city dwellers sit in a line of white van men and leave the lorryist alone :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget Oxford…

i was at one of our collections on the outskirts of london the other day,theres a memo on there board saying there parking fines have risen from £4,000 to £10,000 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,i assume alot of these must be from there own trucks delivering into london,makes you wonder if doing transport in and around london is really worth it

It would be interesting to know how many firms inside the M25 have surrendered and jacked it in because of the Congestion Charge and the LEZ.
When I did a lot of London in the 1980’s most of the places I delivered to had at least a 7.5t and a couple of vans or three, and there were tippers and skip wagons everywhere, not to mention the removal firms who generally kept their motors a long time.
Surely all of them cannot still be operating?

Hiya…what gets me with the LEZ if i go in and park up for 2 days i still have to pay for the days i don’t move anywhere…surley i’am not caursing any emmisions if i’am not running the engine
John

Tipper firm SJK from Hemel Hempstead (purple 8wheelers) are having to sell off perfectly reliable Fodens due to the LEZ, as are Keltbray; Several ex SJK and Keltbrays are working in the Oxford area. I know of a couple of subbies who wont part with their “old” motors and are simply hiking their rates to cover the cost, and if they lose the work they’re not too fussed due to the olympics and the risk of financing new lorries.
We arent modifying our Fodens for it either as the costs are too high when we have a 10 year life cycle and naturally the Fodens are at least 5 years old (most would say worn out for tippers by then anyway)

Mike-C:
If you turn into a street and the cameras are there with a sign and u do a u turn, are you still liable to cop an enquiry from them?

i was told you have 5 mins to get out of the congestion charge zone if you enter it in error, not sure how true that is as i have never tried it

selby newcomer:

Mike-C:

i was told you have 5 mins to get out of the congestion charge zone if you enter it in error, not sure how true that is as i have never tried it

just looked for facts to back this up, couldnt find any, so must be a load of old ■■■■