Daf lf Gauges Jumping

Hi lads, thanks for accepting me to the forum.
I’ve just got a 2013 lf45 210 and when I got it home a warning came up saying, Central Vehicle Controller.
And the all the gauges in the cluster, except for the tacho started to jump every couple of seconds.
Has anyone ever seen this before?
I know the Central vehicle controller is a common fault from other posts here and might be the steering clock but haven’t seen anything about jumping gauges.
Thanks in advance

I had the central vehicle controller come up on mine after it had a service, took it back to workshop and they cleared fault with computer, hasn’t come back since.

Although i didn’t have the jumping gauges, maybe the controller is failing and needs replacing!!

Thanks, yeah its a weird one with the gauges jumping too. Maybe might need a new controller

Check earths behind dash and around ecu and battery area.

A Central Vehicle Controller warning is something that can confuse many as they do not know which ECU will store the fault …There is like any warning on the DIP a straight it is this that is at fault …It can be many things .You need to get the codes in the VIC read as that is where they will be stored …If they are not date stamped which is all too often the case you can get them cleared and when it happens again you will know the ones stored are the culprits

Thanks Norb, can anyone read the VIC or is it just Daf?
Also, a straight it connects to the DIP? Not sure what a straight it is?
Sorry, only have it a few days so not up on the Daf lingo.
Thanks for the suggestions so far

Bj42cruiser:
Thanks Norb, can anyone read the VIC or is it just Daf?
Also, a straight it connects to the DIP? Not sure what a straight it is?
Sorry, only have it a few days so not up on the Daf lingo.
Thanks for the suggestions so far

i would imagine 3rd party kit should connect…Ignore the straight bit god knows what i wrote or meant to say

Thanks Norb, will revert back if I figure it out it find out more

So just to give a quick update, haven’t had the chance to get diagnostics on the truck yet.
But, I got in the truck this morning just to move it and noticed the fault was gone, but once I turned the steering wheel the fault came up again… So I tried just going forward and back a few times, without turning the steering wheel, and sure enough the fault did’t come up.
So I’m thinking it might just be the steering wheel clock…