Daf cf 85 central vehicle controller

Hi all.ive got an 08 daf cf 85 in the workshop at the moment with a warning on dash that Says central vehicle controller.ive had it plugged in but no fault codes stored.Has anyone had experience of this before.Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Seem to remember a couple of dafs with this fault and sure it was something behind the steering wheel that was at fault. Not sure exactly what it was though. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Normally wiper stalk…

dave docwra:
Normally wiper stalk…

We had an XF give that error. There was also about a thirty second delay before the wipers would work and then only on high speed. DAF changed the wiper stalk and it was fine.

Unfortunately there are many things that will bring the central vehicle controller warning on ,and as you have found out there isn’t a fault code …As much as I would like to take the ■■■■ out of damoq , in my experience it has generally been the clock spring behind the steering wheel ,( damoq is actually learning ,he must love DAF now ,we do have vacancies damoq lol )
but that isn’t to say the other posts are wrong ,as I said earlier there are multiple issues that can put the warning on

norb:
… generally been the clock spring behind the steering wheel…

Our 61 LF pings the warning up in conjunction with inop steering wheel controls, variable limiter/cruise buttons etc. Soon find out for certain as it’s in for service & MoT.

Can’t be owt to do with the clock though, it’s digital, no springs in it… :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

nickb67:

norb:

Our 61 LF pings the warning up in conjunction with inop steering wheel controls, variable limiter/cruise buttons etc. Soon find out for certain as it’s in for service & MoT.

Can’t be owt to do with the clock though, it’s digital, no springs in it… :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant think of a smart reply :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

norb:
Unfortunately there are many things that will bring the central vehicle controller warning on ,and as you have found out there isn’t a fault code …As much as I would like to take the ■■■■ out of damoq , in my experience it has generally been the clock spring behind the steering wheel ,( damoq is actually learning ,he must love DAF now ,we do have vacancies damoq lol )
but that isn’t to say the other posts are wrong ,as I said earlier there are multiple issues that can put the warning on

I hate to admit it norb, but I am warming to the dafs. I think with my old job doing multi drop, I didn’t like them for that kind of work. Jerky clutch, poor visibility etc. But driving them occasionally on a distance run in my new job now and I don’t find them that bad. Actually quite comfortable and seem to give the scanias a run for their money performance wise too. You happy ive admitted it now norb.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys.Thanks for all your helpful advice.will the vehicle still have the clock Spring behind the steering wheel as it has no buttons on the steering wheel.

No steering wheel controls ,no clock spring

norb:

nickb67:

norb:

I cant think of a smart reply :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

If it has got a clock spring , it probably just needs winding up. Ask the DAF dealer for a ‘clock spring key’

There’s a surprise I didn’t think you could get old DAF’s without warning lights.

knight2:
There’s a surprise I didn’t think you could get old DAF’s without warning lights.

Just like new DAFs then.

Check all your fuses.
I had an XF showing this warning and it turned out to be the reversing alarm fuse.
Hope this helps.

2008 Daf Cf 75.250 manual. Can anyone help me with my truck please?

007kamillos:
2008 Daf Cf 75.250 manual. Can anyone help me with my truck please?

I’ve driven many dafs.

If this warning isnt showing up then you should worry.

Seriously though, you have an electrical gremlin somewhere. Check your fuses and all your electronics. I used to drive Tuffnell trucks and they all seemed to suffer from this. It was annoying but you got used to it.

If its a truck you own, I would take it to a DAF dealer and leave it during the day (not just overnight) to see if they can trace the fault.

Reading about this in the past, it seems it can be anything non central (its a stupid error) including all those bits mentioned earlier in the thread. Or could be a sensor. DAFs are really bad for stupid fault lights.

The exhaust one - ignore it. Every DAF more than 6 months old does that.

Its an 08 plate, I’m really surprised its still going. Our 13 plates are wrecked amd my 15 plate artic has a load of problems. Maybe time to invest in a new one.

Get the fault code from the VIC read as that is where it will be …No as hard as some make out