License renew timings

Hi All.
My HGV and PSV license expired 31.10 and as I am aware I cant drive a HGV/PSV till the new license comes back. All my paperwork was sent off a month ago and still nothing has come back from DVLA.
Anyone know roughly how long the wait time is for renewals to come back?
Cheers.

Not sure with renewals but I passed class ce on a Friday surrendered license with examiner same day - the sat following week received replacement - I thought that was quite quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted mine off on 25th October and still sitting around waiting for the renewal to come back hence the ask.

You might be able to continue to drive by virtue of the provisions of section 88 of the Road Traffic Act.

Did you fill out a D4 and have a medical? If so did your Doc say you were unfit to drive or that you were OK?

If he said you were good to go, crack on under Section 88.

Check this out for yourself, though, Google it or look on Gov.com.

I waited nearly months for mine to be processed but still worked throughout.

Socketset:
Did you fill out a D4 and have a medical? If so did your Doc say you were unfit to drive or that you were OK?

Yes to all the above. Took me time to be able to get a medical but there were no issues raised about me driving and I had a clean bill of health on the form.
Will check out the Section 88 though. One of things I have to do is a regular driving license check. So i have to go online and put my driving details in and get a code for the employer to check that I dont have any tickets etc I havent declared. On there it states my license has expired for HGV and PSV where my car license hasnt. So the company looks at that info.

As long as your licence wasn’t new, suspended or doctor doesn’t say you can’t drive then you should have no probs under section 88. I been doing it since August and so have a lot of people at our company.

As for time returned, currently they are doing applications from 11th November, but considering thats just opening the mail it could be a while yet. I suspect they have more people opening mail than actually processing it just to make it look good.

Mine ran out 12th Sept.

I sent my annual (over 65) renewal off on 8th August, then got an email on 1st Sept confirming they had received the application.

Since then Ive had nothing and had been driving under section 88 ruling (currently off work with a broken collarbone)

I waited the 10 weeks they are saying on their web site before enquiring

I tried phoning: but you get an apology followed by a contrived phoney covid excuse and and told to try again later

I’ve tried to web page bot: but you get the apology followed by the contrived phoney covid excuse again and told to try again later.

I’ve tried email but you get an acknowledgement you have sent the email and then you get another email with… an apology followed by the same contrived phoney and now “very old covid” excuse and told to try again later.

The only worry pinging round my brain is; that it is a huge govt dept we are dealing with and they might ■■■■ up with such a back log.

And we seem to have no redress (unless someone knows something else)

Going to try and write to my MP later this week so that at least I’m creating a paper trail along with my emails and bot conversations

Luckily I work for a good employer so i’m not worried about my job (licence and being on the sick) but if I wanted to go agency or find another job, I’m not sure employers would accept me saying I’m driving under section 88

Is there anyone here waiting longer than August for their renewal to come thru??

Jim

Cheers jcfd55 for your reply.

Looks like I have a few months to wait for anything to come back.