Licence Expired..

I sent off to renew my HGV Licence almost a month ago and still haven’t heard back - it then expired on Monday. (Yes i’m aware of the COVID-19 impact/delays etc etc)

I raised a query via the ‘contact us’ facility online claimed ‘Key worker’ status and have a reference number which i’ll give them when i call tomorrow (after the ‘we aim to respond within 24hrs’ period).

I’ve done the licence check online which confirms the HGV entitlements have expired.

So do i risk driving with an expired licence and rely on leniency from VOSA? Also many clients required an online licence check before handing over the keys…
Anybody else in the same position?

think you may be ok to carry on driving under section 88 rules, check them out

dav987:

That is something which works more in theory than in practice.

dav987:

Indeed, just received a letter from DVLA acknowledging receipt of my application - which was the bit i was particularly concerned about- and within it contained the following statement…

“…If your licence has expired you will first need to ensure that you can meet the requirements set out in our leaflet INF 188/6 'Can i driver while my application is with DVLA?’ This leaflet is available on the GOV.UK website”

Well that’s good enough for me! :slight_smile:

My photocard expired 28th May had the letter 15th April sent it away on the 16 April with a new photo. (No fee which I thought was weird) Kept checking online and it didn’t seem to be updating. Rang them Last week and was told they were about 2 weeks behind where they normally are. But because I have LGV entitlements it would get processed. Checked online Monday evening and it had updated, received it today[emoji4] Should have been having medical in 2 years but they have given me 5 years entitlement, so no medical till I’m 48[emoji38].

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

chr15walk3r77:
My photocard expired 28th May had the letter 15th April sent it away on the 16 April with a new photo. (No fee which I thought was weird) Kept checking online and it didn’t seem to be updating. Rang them Last week and was told they were about 2 weeks behind where they normally are. But because I have LGV entitlements it would get processed. Checked online Monday evening and it had updated, received it today[emoji4] Should have been having medical in 2 years but they have given me 5 years entitlement, so no medical till I’m 48[emoji38].

Result! :wink: :smiley:

Just checked online to discover it’s been renewed for 12 months… :smiley: