No driving for a few days for me

Well I’ve just got a positive test result for COVID so now have to self isloate for 10 days.

Funny how I managed to avoid it all throughout the whole pandemic until now all of a sudden.

Feel like I’ve currently got a bad cold and feel very groggy. But I have been double jabbed.

So some unplanned time off work, no driving trucks for the next 10 days or doing anything else.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Get…

Well soon.

Cheers. Like I said feeling ok mostly just really groggy at the moment and struggling to sleep as really bunged up at night.

simcor:
really bungee up at night.

Well there’s yer problem. Night time bungee jumping will do nothing to clear your sinuses. Get well soon

the maoster:

simcor:
really bungee up at night.

Well there’s yer problem. Night time bungee jumping will do nothing to clear your sinuses. Get well soon

Lol ■■■■ bungee jumping. I’ll be fine I’m a rough tough trucker. But thanks.

10 days with nothing but David Icke for company?

I thought I had covid but did the test and it was the flu - either that or a trapped ■■■■.

JeffA:
10 days with nothing but David Icke for company?

I thought I had covid but did the test and it was the flu - either that or a trapped ■■■■.

Good innit.

Lateral flow test showed a positive result and then subsequent PCR test says positive as well. Only had test done yesterday at 3pm ish and result was received around midday today.

That ■■■■■. The only downside is the enforced 10 days off. I’m in the middle of a month long sick note for my back and was climbing the walls before I was halfway through the first week.

I have never bungee jumped but if I were to do so, I would expect my sinuses to be totally ■■■■■■ clear by the first couple of feet down.

wishing the OP a speedy recovery

Conor:
That ■■■■■. The only downside is the enforced 10 days off. I’m in the middle of a month long sick note for my back and was climbing the walls before I was halfway through the first week.

Sure I can manage somehow being at home.

dekka:
I have never bungee jumped but if I were to do so, I would expect my sinuses to be totally [zb] clear by the first couple of feet down.

wishing the OP a speedy recovery

Indeed very true.

It’s great that you’ve been double jabbed as you should have antibodies now that will help fight it. If you didn’t have the vaccine you’d only make antibodies after you’ve had covid, and there lies the gamble.

are you getting full pay,simcor?

sweepster:
It’s great that you’ve been double jabbed as you should have antibodies now that will help fight it. If you didn’t have the vaccine you’d only make antibodies after you’ve had covid, and there lies the gamble.

At present I just feel like a bad cold and very lethargic and a bit achy. coughing a little as well now and sneezing a lot.

No issues with taste or smell or a fever etc.

carryfast-yeti:

Should do after the first 3 days SSP. Started a new job in May so don’t work for big bird haulage anymore. Just in case you assumed I still was.

simcor:

carryfast-yeti:

Should do after the first 3 days SSP. Started a new job in May so don’t work for big bird haulage anymore. Just in case you assumed I still was.

ah,ok mate :slight_smile:

simcor:

sweepster:

At present I just feel like a bad cold and very lethargic and a bit achy. coughing a little as well now and sneezing a lot.

You sound the same as me, but I lost my smell completely. I’m about 2 weeks out of my 10 days now and my smell has returned. I’m running at about 80% now, so am slowly getting there.

sweepster:

simcor:

sweepster:

You sound the same as me, but I lost my smell completely. I’m about 2 weeks out of my 10 days now and my smell has returned. I’m running at about 80% now, so am slowly getting there.

Well if this is as bad as it gets then can’t grumble too much. Do feel tired though mind didn’t sleep very well last night at all. Hopefully will sleep better tonight.

sweepster:

Being jabbed does not give antibodies against covid but does give antibodies against the spike proteins on the main covid ‘blob’ - that is what the vaccine is designed to do
The current vaccine is based on the Wuhan strain and designed to fight off those spike proteins which is probably why the prevalent Delta variant spikes get passed it

Getting covid and fully recovering from it makes you a ‘very lucky one’ according to many of the experts on TV because it gives you active antibodies against the full virus for about 6 months then you have B and T cells which, if it acts like every other virus, could last a lifetime in fighting or repelling future covid attacks

I do wonder if the UK Govt is overtly or covertly hoping that those who are double jabbed get covid so they do not go to hospital but get the proper immunisation :bulb: :question: :smiling_imp:

ROG:

sweepster:

Being jabbed does not give antibodies against covid but does give antibodies against the spike proteins on the main covid ‘blob’ - that is what the vaccine is designed to do
The current vaccine is based on the Wuhan strain and designed to fight off those spike proteins which is probably why the prevalent Delta variant spikes get passed it

Getting covid and fully recovering from it makes you a ‘very lucky one’ according to many of the experts on TV because it gives you active antibodies against the full virus for about 6 months then you have B and T cells which, if it acts like every other virus, could last a lifetime in fighting or repelling future covid attacks

I do wonder if the UK Govt is overtly or covertly hoping that those who are double jabbed get covid so they do not go to hospital but get the proper immunisation :bulb: :question: :smiling_imp:

Thanks doc!