No driving for a few days for me

simcor:

carryfast-yeti:
are you getting full pay,simcor?

Should do after the first 3 days SSP. Started a new job in May so don’t work for big bird haulage anymore. Just in case you assumed I still was.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

from gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/what-youll-get

If you’re off work because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
How many days you can get SSP for depends on why you’re off work.

If you’re self-isolating because you or someone you live with has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
You must self-isolate for at least 4 days to be eligible for SSP.

You can get SSP for every day you were self-isolating if you started on or after 13 March.

If you started self-isolating before 13 March, you can get SSP from:

the fourth day you were sick - if you had COVID-19 symptoms
13 March - if you were self-isolating because someone you live with had symptoms

I got full pay from day i reported i had covid

I had aches and pains for 2 weeks, a rash and loss of appetite before i got tested, Doc said get tested as soon as i mentioned rash on legs and body

Get well soon Simcor

andy187:

simcor:

carryfast-yeti:
are you getting full pay,simcor?

Should do after the first 3 days SSP. Started a new job in May so don’t work for big bird haulage anymore. Just in case you assumed I still was.

from gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/what-youll-get

If you’re off work because of coronavirus (COVID-19)
How many days you can get SSP for depends on why you’re off work.

If you’re self-isolating because you or someone you live with has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
You must self-isolate for at least 4 days to be eligible for SSP.

You can get SSP for every day you were self-isolating if you started on or after 13 March.

If you started self-isolating before 13 March, you can get SSP from:

the fourth day you were sick - if you had COVID-19 symptoms
13 March - if you were self-isolating because someone you live with had symptoms

I got full pay from day i reported i had covid

I had aches and pains for 2 weeks, a rash and loss of appetite before i got tested, Doc said get tested as soon as i mentioned rash on legs and body

Get well soon Simcor

Cheers bud.

simcor:
Thanks doc!

I am no expert but use what the majority of experts are saying

dekka:
I have never bungee jumped but if I were to do so, I would expect my sinuses to be totally [zb] clear by the first couple of feet down.

wishing the OP a speedy recovery

Mate of mine had one of those indoor skydiving things from his work, so we thought sod it lets go.

It’s something ridiculous like 50 quid for 5 minutes flight time… absolute joke not even worth it for the unique experience but at least he got 'em for free so we went over to the Trafford Centre to see what it was all about…

All the physical stuff, how it feels on your body etc is as you’d expect to be honest, but the one thing I didn’t expect was the rushing ambient air sucking a huge quantity of gunk out of my nose and sinuses at light speed and jetting it up into the roof it cleaned that ■■■■ RIGHT out.

ROG:

simcor:
Thanks doc!

I am no expert but use what the majority of experts are saying

Tongue in cheek bud.

flammen:

dekka:
I have never bungee jumped but if I were to do so, I would expect my sinuses to be totally [zb] clear by the first couple of feet down.

Mate of mine had one of those indoor skydiving things from his work, so we thought sod it lets go.

It’s something ridiculous like 50 quid for 5 minutes flight time… absolute joke not even worth it for the unique experience but at least he got 'em for free so we went over to the Trafford Centre to see what it was all about…

All the physical stuff, how it feels on your body etc is as you’d expect to be honest, but the one thing I didn’t expect was the rushing ambient air sucking a huge quantity of gunk out of my nose and sinuses at light speed and jetting it up into the roof it cleaned that [zb] RIGHT out.

I bet that was a surprise [emoji23]

simcor:

flammen:

dekka:

All the physical stuff, how it feels on your body etc is as you’d expect to be honest, but the one thing I didn’t expect was the rushing ambient air sucking a huge quantity of gunk out of my nose and sinuses at light speed and jetting it up into the roof it cleaned that [zb] RIGHT out.

I bet that was a surprise [emoji23]

I thought part of my brain came out, was such a weird feelin… like someone getting a vacuum on your nose… :grimacing: … couldn’t half breathe good afterwards though…

Can barely smell anything today. Even sniffed the vinegar bottle trying strong smells. Barely a whiff of anything. taste is also probably very low as well. Although o could taste paracetamol when I’ve just taken some more. cuppa barely tastes of anything mind.

Taste is deffo going as well. Most things taste pretty bland now.

Chicken and veg pie and chips with loads of salt and vinegar and brown sauce and all I could really taste was the brown sauce but no spicy kick I normally get from brown sauce. Quite a subdued tase of brown sauce tbh.

This may interest a few including the OP
What’s the difference between natural and vaccine immunity against COVID-19?
covid.joinzoe.com/post/covid-va … difference

simcor:

Chicken and veg pie and chips with loads of salt and vinegar and brown sauce and all I could really taste was the brown sauce but no spicy kick I normally get from brown sauce. Quite a subdued tase of brown sauce tbh.

This would have…

Been a blessing with my ex g/f’s cooking.

yourhavingalarf:

simcor:

This would have…

Been a blessing with my ex g/f’s cooking.

Well yes everything has a silver lining sometimes [emoji4]

I’m still waiting to catch it. Mind you day one full sick pay nowadays so bring it on :laughing:

toonsy:
I’m still waiting to catch it. Mind you day one full sick pay nowadays so bring it on [emoji38]

A little bit of a blasé attitude possibly tbh and probably the same blasé attitude I had before tbh.

I’d gone all this time without catching it and yes it was fairly annoying people were paid to sit at home whilst we had to continue to work or were at least able to work from home in a lot of cases.

But now I have had it and been mildly I’ll with it of which I am thankful the illness was pretty mild considering how bad it affects some people. I also have considered the possibility that it could have possibly been much worse.

You have no idea how it might affect you until you get it and hopefully the vaccines have lessened the effects for lost of us but again we don’t know.

I dunno it’s just changed my outlook on it slightly, but I can see us being in lockdown again by Xmas at this rate. Even though they keep saying that isn’t going to happen.

Don’t know what the answer is but somehow we have to learn to live with this and maybe things will never be quite the same ever again.

I also now think it’s far too easy to have that blasé attitude when you haven’t had it, I feel well enough again in myself now. Apart from being a bit bunged up still I feel ok and apart from having no smell feel no lasting effects yet. But who knows what lies down the line. I just hope I get my smell back soon hopefully.

So yeah not having a dig at you personally just rambling on about how my perspective has changed a fair bit.

simcor:
Well I’ve just got a positive test result for COVID so now have to self isloate for 10 days.

Funny how I managed to avoid it all throughout the whole pandemic until now all of a sudden.

Feel like I’ve currently got a bad cold and feel very groggy. But I have been double jabbed.

So some unplanned time off work, no driving trucks for the next 10 days or doing anything else.

Think yourself lucky i caught it December 29/12/2020 still of work today .No chance of being back until February at the earliest.

fingermissing:

simcor:
Well I’ve just got a positive test result for COVID so now have to self isloate for 10 days.

Funny how I managed to avoid it all throughout the whole pandemic until now all of a sudden.

Feel like I’ve currently got a bad cold and feel very groggy. But I have been double jabbed.

So some unplanned time off work, no driving trucks for the next 10 days or doing anything else.

Think yourself lucky i caught it December 29/12/2020 still of work today .No chance of being back until February at the earliest.

Believe me I do think myself lucky as some people such as yourself haven’t been so lucky.

I’m sorry to hear it has caused you so many isuues and lasting problems.

I’ve also recently ‘recovered’ from covid. I had only had my first dose of the Pfizer when I caught it in September. Wasn’t an enjoyable experience at all and not something I’d wanna experience again. I still can’t taste properly, my smell has slowly started to return but very distorted…petrol smells like playdoh. Very odd.

Wishing you all the best in your recovery.

simcor:

. But I have been double jabbed.

lk

What do you mean “But”?
Do you not realise that for those over 40 you are almost twice as likely to catch Covid if you HAVE been double jabbed than if you haven’t been jabbed at all?

Get well soon.