Have you had it recently

I got thinking today about this whole Covid thing , mainly as it’s a hot topic at the moment.

Anyway about 6-8 weeks ago 3 days after a birthday party I was ill for a few days, not unusual as I do tend to get ill around the time weather warms up usually just a sniffle maybe a 24-48hour bug, man flu if you will.

But this time it was weird I had a dry cough but not a painful one, drank loads of Covonia to get the flem flowing, snotty nose not runny just burned in the morning and loads of green stuff in tissue.

No fever but felt a bit crap, not stay in bed crap though.

So I was wondering has anyone else been a bit poorly in last 3 months.

About 2 weeks ago I felt a little rough
Colds mostly go straight to my chest so I cough like I smoke 100 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Blue, my smoking has increased to 20 a day again. Mainly as I’ve gone off vaping.

Smokers cough does produce a bit of flem, not good though but to late to give up now.

I remember back in late Nov/early Dec last year that I had one of the weirdest illnesses that I’ve experienced in my life.

It started with a sore throat, which then made the left-hand side of my bottom jaw quite painful (almost like toothache), followed by a chest infection which then coughed up fowl smelling yellow phlegm (apologies for anybody reading this who’s about to have their dindins)! Accompanied by headaches and a blocked snout.

Very unlikely to be coronavirus.

Dipper_Dave:
I got thinking today about this whole Covid thing , mainly as it’s a hot topic at the moment.

Anyway about 6-8 weeks ago 3 days after a birthday party I was ill for a few days, not unusual as I do tend to get ill around the time weather warms up usually just a sniffle maybe a 24-48hour bug, man flu if you will.

But this time it was weird I had a dry cough but not a painful one, drank loads of Covonia to get the flem flowing, snotty nose not runny just burned in the morning and loads of green stuff in tissue.

No fever but felt a bit crap, not stay in bed crap though.

So I was wondering has anyone else been a bit poorly in last 3 months.

Same sort of thing as you. And symptons.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16 dec to 11 jan approx me and the wife had a horrid illness that had all the symptoms of this one.
Bad cough, shortness of breath,killer headaches, aching all over fever, loss of appetite and exhausted. Completely ruined Xmas for us.
Most symptoms went around dec 27 ish but the cough held on for ages.
I know lots of others that had it too. Makes you wonder if this was about well before they thought.

That’s just it, so little is known about this virus that symptoms can differ, it’s how our immune systems react in different ways.

Like my mate who went to doctors looking awful but feeling great, anyway doctor consulted all his books and it turns out the only illness for looking awful and feeling great is being a ■■■■■■.

Seriously though if you’ve been I’ll in last 3-6 months please post symptoms it may help or may not.

Cheers maybe ill in last 6 months be a sign.

I had this discussion before the Oxford model was mooted. The last time I had a cold, sniffle or temperature was when I was still at school, but in January this year I woke up feeling that something wasn’t quite right. I had no symptoms or anything but I was aware I wasn’t firing on all cylinders, which in itself is pretty unusual. Lately I’m wondering if I too had been infected and was one of the lucky ones to display few or no symptoms.

I have had this conversation with so many, to the point I am not sure it is becoming psychological…In that people want to think they have had it so that they will be OK…I have no idea, but it is getting a bit boring now.

In the last few weeks I’ve had a sore throat and snotty nose.
But since I snore like a pig when pi$$ed and my nose runs like a tap when I wake, I put it down as being normal for me & anything else down to manflu and cracked on.
My idea of self isolation is living alone and working alone and therefore just another day, I only come into contact with other people socially ie at the gym, supermarket or down the pub, or at work when I’m given the keys at the start of the day and at delivery points

Did have a dry cough just after Christmas,but put it down to a common cold.
Everyone who I drink with,also had the same.

I don’t really get ill very often, in mid January I started coming down with what I thought was going to be full blown flu which
I experienced about forty years ago which completely wiped me out for about a week & I remember it very well, anyway it
never got that far but I had a really sore throat, every joint was aching & found breathing quite difficult but only light coughing.
It lasted for four days and then went as quick as it came, would like to be tested to find out if I have had it.

Beginning this month woke up feeling I’ll sore throat eyes puffy thought going to be flu next day nothing now beginning this week short of breath.

dave docwra:
I don’t really get ill very often, in mid January I started coming down with what I thought was going to be full blown flu which
I experienced about forty years ago which completely wiped me out for about a week & I remember it very well, anyway it
never got that far but I had a really sore throat, every joint was aching & found breathing quite difficult but only light coughing.
It lasted for four days and then went as quick as it came, would like to be tested to find out if I have had it.

Had this also as per a few of the above.

Between christmas and over new year.

Sore throat, aching windpipe and chest (so bad I actually thought it was the end at one point :laughing: ) and the regular coldy fluey stuff, but just never had it as bad as this. All the family had it at one point or another. Brother lives in London reckon he must have stood too close to someone just of the plane from Wuhan on the tube, then brought it up north. Joke by the way

Went to bed at 9pm new years eve and woke up the next morning

Tude:
I have had this conversation with so many, to the point I am not sure it is becoming psychological…In that people want to think they have had it so that they will be OK…I have no idea, but it is getting a bit boring now.

So you are saying my wife and I just made up we were very ill all over Christmas, ruined our holiday and Christmas Day and meant we didn’t see any family for almost 3 weeks, just to make ourselves feel better that we might not catch this?

Makes sense.

Thanks for replies and obviously I’m just a thick trucker but I can’t discount Oxford uni theory of mass infection as they appear to have used an exponential infection calculation which is standard for a virus of this type imho.

The science the govt was using is based on a set infection rate from a latter point but what if mass infection was a few weeks earlier.

Anyway all will be revealed in the next week or so.

Dipper_Dave:
Thanks for replies and obviously I’m just a thick trucker but I can’t discount Oxford uni theory of mass infection as they appear to have used an exponential infection calculation which is standard for a virus of this type imho.

The science the govt was using is based on a set infection rate from a latter point but what if mass infection was a few weeks earlier.

Anyway all will be revealed in the next week or so.

The problem is the amount of migrants here that we don’t know about

mdourish:
The problem is the amount of migrants here that we don’t know about

Sorry, what■■?

wouldnt be surprised if it had been around from befor christmas last year. no reason why it wouldnt. just cause the chinses didnt report it till the new year. its becoming clear there infected and death rate cant be right , 80,000 odd known cases and only 3000 odd dead…? millions of people mostly crammed into high rise tower blocks. we’ll never know the truth on that one.