Have you had it recently

the maoster:

mdourish:
The problem is the amount of migrants here that we don’t know about

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry, what■■?

You have got illegal immigrants roaming streets that people dont know that are here coming from god know where carrying god knows what

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A brief of my experience…

My lot all went down mid November till only really about the beginning of February, just couldn’t shift it between us all, the worst run of ‘bug’ any of us have ever known, wrecked Christmas too.

Started like a strong cold with the mrs, then spread like a river of fire ants through us all, it really ramped up nicely about a week before Christmas.
My other half had EVERYTHING they describe(except the loose bowl, but she had abdominal pain) from pretty much day one of feeling ■■■■, so did our youngest son who’s 2,.

Now he just stopped.
I mean just stopped dead in life, took himself onto the sofa an boom there it begun for him.

It got that bad for her we sought some medical advice, so they prescribed strong prescription antibiotics, still didn’t touch it, so after weeks of it they said maybe she should head up a/e as bloods were clear so all they could say was from their point of view its viral BUT we’ll send you up.

She had 4 days in then just all of a sudden perked up.
So she was sent free an to carry on solid for another Month on new prescription ■■■■.
The cough finally ■■■■■■ off end of Feb, evil evil cough, no joke, it was savage, and the mucous was this thick vile yellow/almost black green colour, in the end it finally surpassed for her, but the cough stayed till end of feb!!

She’s in retail, confined shop in an immensely busy area, where there is a HUGE variety of folk from all walks/ages/nations but mainly Chinese students as the biggest clients…

All of whom funnily enough started turning up ill around late October…
Became a joke as all the staff were moaning why they kept coming in coughing an ■■■■, they even started refusing to serve em lol as there were so many at it, then more folk started getting similar till basically all everyone was talking about in town/about was how everyone is so ■■■■ ill…
Its been like the walking dead for us, and all the docs could tell us was its all VIRAL, ■■■■ long virus…

Rest of us had huge varying degrees of its symptoms at different times, mine went to every muscle/savage fevers/head ache lasted near a month, I had about two weeks of the cough, sore throat, nasty mucus, heavy fatigue, no food wanted, just felt like death, then it was gone, not 100% but a good 90, almost over night again, yet I never went to docs I just ATE ibroprofen for well over a month solid with plenty fluid, and a LARGE whisky every day, then it just vanished, again almost over night??

But its left me feeling utterly knackered pretty much ever since tbh…
Everyone else has been fine, although all have said they feel a touch more tired now than they ever did…

Youngest son got hospitalised finally only about a week after Mrs did, and tbh we all was genuinely worried then and at several points through it as he’d been down for near a month before this point, just couldn’t shift it despite all the amoxycillan they could give him, barely any food over that time yet drinking tons despite obvious chest/throat pain.
The fevers he had were very high, highest was 41 for 5 days solid!! Which really ain’t funny, yet again only advice/help to be had was calpol/amoxyC which wernt doing ■■■■ except keep him in limbo.

In the end we took him A/E an they sent him straight to the ward, pediatrics were very concerned meningitis may be the case, but he’d no rash, so they tried their skills…

Whatever they gave him in hospital finally seemed to shift it, again literally almost over night…
Man I gotta say I shed some tears when he sat up at 2am an said ‘daddy, hungry’, followed by Where’s dinosaur?

5 days he was in for, for a viral infection??
Exactly, didn’t make sense to us either, but you just have to have faith hey.

I’ve been fortunate(lol) to have had meningitis C and viral meningitis in my life, but this has been something else, I’d easily put it on par with that, in fact meningitis shifted quick compared to this, but the muscle pain/headache was nothing compared to this ■■■■, there were a couple of nights I even woke up an felt like I’d already gone, very unsettling feelings indeed.

Whatever it was for us all, I pray we never EVER see it again, and MANY I know have felt/had/said the same, ■■■■ plague this thing.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Jimmy McNulty:

dave docwra:
I don’t really get ill very often, in mid January I started coming down with what I thought was going to be full blown flu which
I experienced about forty years ago which completely wiped me out for about a week & I remember it very well, anyway it
never got that far but I had a really sore throat, every joint was aching & found breathing quite difficult but only light coughing.
It lasted for four days and then went as quick as it came, would like to be tested to find out if I have had it.

Had this also as per a few of the above.

Between christmas and over new year.

Sore throat, aching windpipe and chest (so bad I actually thought it was the end at one point :laughing: ) and the regular coldy fluey stuff, but just never had it as bad as this. All the family had it at one point or another. Brother lives in London reckon he must have stood too close to someone just of the plane from Wuhan on the tube, then brought it up north. Joke by the way

Went to bed at 9pm new years eve and woke up the next morning

The only reason I managed to carry on driving etc with all of the above is I had a bad case of conjunctivitis, forcing me to ignore feeling ill as ■■■■ because my eye felt ill as ■■■■ … which turns out is one of the symptoms of coronavirus.

I’ve been coughing for the last 2 days , falling asleep but not hot
, freezing , I think a lot of people are
Putting 2+2 together & comming up with
5 , as my mrs has , always bugs about this
Time of year

dozy:
I’ve been coughing for the last 2 days , falling asleep but not hot
, freezing , I think a lot of people are
Putting 2+2 together & comming up with
5 , as my mrs has , always bugs about this
Time of year

Credit where it’s due:
Good Post Dozy!

My wife felt really ■■■■■■ in December and into January, bad cough some headaches like the flu, but we put it down to jet lag, which we both had from returning from Australia via Singapore I was ok after about 4 days, but hers persisted for about 3 weeks, after all the corona popped up, we’re pretty sure that’s what she had.

Sapper

Had this convo with my missus … in November i was knocked for 6 for a cpl of weeks… dry cough all day and night achy body…couldn’t sleep.just a bit to much of a coincidence…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

gray_nw:
Had this convo with my missus … in November i was knocked for 6 for a cpl of weeks… dry cough all day and night achy body…couldn’t sleep.just a bit to much of a coincidence…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You had a dose of flu in the winter?..