Have you PERSONALLY had Covid-19?

I’m curious as to how many of us as truck drivers have had Covid-19. I wonder if being out in natural daylight for much of the time makes a difference. So please vote to say if you personally have had Covid, i.e. not someone in your family, social circle etc. Just you.

Nope but I also work nights so rules out the daylight/sunshine aspect most of the time.

Not personally. Or not that I’m aware of anyway.

However two of my colleagues tested positive today and I’ve previously had to isolate way back in March due to a family member having it.

My wife’s Auntie died with it, my mate is extremely rough with it and they’ve now closed part of my lads school (but not his part) due to a positive test.

Daylight? I used to get a bit in the summer but now its start shift in darkness, might catch an hour of daylight before going home to bed. Not sure if the group is big enough to determine if night shift drivers are more susceptible…

Apart from fuelling up once a night I would say the chances of catching it at work are mainly from my day shift driver. Other jobs with lots of face to face contact through the day might be another matter.

simcor:
Nope but I also work nights so rules out the daylight/sunshine aspect most of the time.

Understood, but there are other factors which may make truck drivers either more or less likely to contract it, predominantly working alone, poor diet and generally below-average state of health etc etc etc.

A tramper mate of mine has it,.as well as his wife, and 2 kids, their partners and their 2 kids.
People say you hear of more people having it now than during the last lockdown…of course you do, because of the track and trace and more getting tested for it.
Another mate,.also a tramper, had a real bad cold type flu type thing last December, and lost his sense of smell completely.
He is convinced he has had it.

Anyway, it don’t matter anymore.
We’re all going to be saved there are a choice of vaccines coming up shortly I’m told, so get yer names down. :smiley:
New vaccines rushed through in record time…what could possibly go wrong. : :laughing:

I’d long before this thing been doing late night shopping.Washing my hands with dettol.Worried about being in crowded places especially winter.Absolutely terrified of catching another one of these modern day …supposed zb Colds. :imp: :imp:

Usually the same symptoms agonising painful sore throat that literally almost chokes you.Followed by a month or two of clogged lungs and sinuses with stuff which sticks to them like glue.Usually resulting in a trip to X ray dept and confirmation of pneumonia.
I’ve also had the loss of smell thing one time leaving me with anything cooking smelling like burning plastic wiring insulation for months after. :open_mouth:

I really don’t believe any of this zb is naturally occurring ‘viruses’.I’ll view any so called ‘vaccine’ to this one, knowing its origins, in that light.

simcor:

The UV thing is more about its ability to survive outside a host left on surfaces exposed to daylight.The difference in its transmission Summer v Winter seems in line with that and rumours that it is fragile outside a host.

robroy:
We’re all going to be saved there are a choice of vaccines coming up shortly I’m told, so get yer names down. :smiley:
New vaccines rushed through in record time…what could possibly go wrong. : :laughing:

robroy:

Couldnt you just have said . . no?

Suedehead:

robroy:

Couldnt you just have said . . no?

No.

I voted YES

My story
Early March this year before we knew much about it I felt crap for 2 days and even went to bed in the afternoons for those 2 days !!
Then for about the next 7 days I had conjunctivitis all day
Went to local chemist who looked into my eyes and could not figure out what the problem was - seriously with no mask!
Was not until weeks later when loads in the USA had the same symptoms did we figure out what it was

I was just getting over it when the Wife started to lose taste and get aches all over her body and my Daughter who is in her 30s got the classic sweats and dry cough for a week - she has asthma
Both 10 + 11 year old granddaughters had sweats a little

Guess who gave it to them = ME :blush:

As none of us were hospitalised none of us were tested

Don’t know why but polls don’t show up in tapatalk. Now voted on thread using browser.

Probably had it back in December as I had the most horrific cough I’ve ever experienced. Nearly passed put a couple of times as couldn’t catch breath.

This was pre testing etc so will never know for sure. Dont know anyone who tesred positive.

I had something in January which I thought was going to turn into full blown flu, which I had I suffered with about thirty years ago & really did not want
to go through that experience again, started on a Thursday evening struggled out of bed on the Friday morning and forced myself to get out of the house
and do a days work, got home that evening completely worn out & went straight to bed, woke up Saturday morning and I thought that I had wet the bed
it was soaking, my wife had gone to another room during the night as she said the heat from me was unbearable, felt really rough through to Sunday
afternoon & made a decision to set the alarm & will see how I feel in the morning, alarm went off took me a few minutes to realise that I seemed to be
okay, so off I went to work.

For the next two weeks I was not 100% but okay, only thing was that all food was bland, it got to a point where I stupidly asked my wife what was she doing to
my food which didn’t go down to well, another strange thing was that I could often smell something similar to battery acid but no one else around me could.

My wife lost her Step Mother to Covid along with two Aunts in April, none of the relations had seen each other since Christmas which including ourselves.

robroy:

One of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers has recommended that the United States dole out vaccines for the virus to other countries even before every American has an opportunity to get one.

It’s on it’s way Rob, Biden will save you. :sunglasses:

remy:
It’s on it’s way Rob, Biden will save you. :sunglasses:

Yep Biden and Jinping’s army. :wink:

I’ve had a test which was negative, I’m spending most of my time single crewed. It was the beginning of March since I was double crewed in a single vehicle.

Had it.

No ‘Covid’ symptoms. I just felt tired and fatigued for a day or two. Wife started a cough so we both got tested. Both positive.

Spent 3 days on sofa tired, no appetite, lost a stone, then felt fine. She still has a tight chest but apart from that we both fine. (Im 49 she is 51)