Digicard renewals now on-line (at last!)

My card is due for renewal in September. Got my renewal letter today and (at last!) there is now the option to renew online. Dead straightforward and no queuing on the phone.

Roymondo:
My card is due for renewal in September. Got my renewal letter today and (at last!) there is now the option to renew online. Dead straightforward and no queuing on the phone.

Last month, I had no problems renewing my digicard by phone.

DVLA are giving priority to lorry drivers, so got put through to a member of staff straight away.

The new digicard arrived just two days after the phone call. DVLA had posted it the next day.

Applied for my renewal online last Thursday night at 6pm and it was delivered Saturday morning just over 36 hours later , I was gobsmacked

largebloke1969:
Applied for my renewal online last Thursday night at 6pm and it was delivered Saturday morning just over 36 hours later , I was gobsmacked

Same with mine. Applied online 5.30pm Thursday - card arrived in Saturday’s post. Now to find a safe place to keep it until September…

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

About time though, renewed mine a couple of months back and as couldn’t find a chequebook at home decided to phone up.

45 minutes of being told how they were working from home due to covid and it could take longer etc etc. When finally got through it was a two minute conversation and card in two days.

I couldn’t fathom why you couldn’t do it online thus freeing up their staff for other things, the renewal is not really any different to taxing a car online. Put in reference and card number and job done.

On other DVLA news my daughter passed her driving test last week and was told 2 weeks for licence to arrive, that turned up in about 4!

Took about 5 minutes to fill in all the information on Wednesday night around midnight, card arrived in this mornings’ mail about 10:30, think that’s pretty good going.

Words of warning; make sure that the start date for your renewed card is one day after the expiry date of your current card, e.g. current card expires 03/09/2021 new card starts 04/09/2021. There have been reports of the start date being a couple of days later than the expiry date which will cause problems when you come to use it as it won’t work.