Just renewed my digi-card, how easy was that?!

not as easy as you might think,went to renew mine just now & was informed that they don’t accept MAESTRO cards,what a joke,1 of the biggest debit cards out there…

Just renewed my digi-card-it will soon be out of date, got the letter yesterday.
You can do it by post or ring them (you can only ring if no details have changed, address etc), all the details are in the letter. I rang them, gave my name and address, card details, he told me it would be with me within 2 weeks. 3 mins waiting to speak to someone, 3 mins speaking to someone, job done! I had my digi card, driving licence, paper licence, the letter and my credit card all laid out in front of me, all i needed from all that was my credit card. Well done for making it so easy! :smiley:

Same for me as well. Got my card 4 days later. Not to be used till the 14th of october though, so i now have two digi cards. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know you could renew the driver card over the phone but agree that the DVLA do make it easy these days.

When I’ve replaced my driver card and my driver license I’ve had them back within a week on both occasions.

I renewed my car tax on-line three weeks ago and had the tax disc in less than 3 days, it was Wednesday when I renewed it and the disc arrived in the post on the Friday :open_mouth:

DVLA get a bad press but up-to now I’ve always had good service from them :smiley:

Tell you what would be even easier if you didn’t have to renew in the first place. You have a card that works perfectly well i just don’t get why you need to renew :confused:

Anyway mines runs out next March how much does it cost and when do you get the letter, a month before it?

Just done mine by post and waiting on it’s return

Cost £19

A few tips

Don’t return your old card with your application (obvious I know)
Your new card will only work from the date on it. If you work nights you’ll have to stop and replace the old one at 00:00 UTC

Carry you old card with you for at least 28 days after it’s expiry date and make sure your company down loads it’s contents

cost £19 to renew digi-card, my card runs out end of October, so you ge t2 months notice.
Taxing car on-line is spot on as well as mentioned, you dont have to dig up your insurance documents, their computer checks to see if you are insured.

kindle530:
cost £19 to renew digi-card, my card runs out end of October, so you ge t2 months notice.
Taxing car on-line is spot on as well as mentioned, you dont have to dig up your insurance documents, their computer checks to see if you are insured.

And checks the MOT is current if applicable.

Sorry if I’ve taken this thread a bit off-topic :wink:

I got it all ready to do and sent of last November complete with postal order… 6 days later I get a letter saying it runs out December 2011 not 2010… At least I had practice lol

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.742608,-1.962385

I renewed my digicard in may to start the new one on the 1st of june which was no problem at all.
But unless it changes you will find that on the last day of the old card it will probably say ,as mine did driving on invalid card after trying several times to correct the problem it turned out after telling my transport manager the only thing a driver can do is to record the days duty by doing 2 printouts at the end of that day
on the vehicle activity for that day, keep one for your records and hand in to the company the other copy.
The next day i put my new card in and it worked first time,Apparently this is a common fault and there was me thinking digicards had no faults.Oh and don’t try using your new card to cover you as that don’t work until the said date on your card!!

seems dvla have got it together lately,
got my ADR results last week, by friday my certificate from dvla was here, was very impressed…

Seems the DVLA have got their act together, :open_mouth: I applied for my provisional last week, sent it off on the tuesday. I had my provisional through the post on thursday, I was told it takes 10-15 days, mine was with me in 9. I hope they keep it up!!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Did try yesterday as unfortunately i lost mine one and could not do it over the phone as their system does not accept postcode where I live :imp:
Useless

Just got my new card this morning. About two weeks from posting application.

Mustn’t forget to clean the sticky blob off they use to stick it to the documents, apparently it can mess up the internal gubbings of th etacho

zzarbean:
Just got my new card this morning. About two weeks from posting application.

Mustn’t forget to clean the sticky blob off they use to stick it to the documents, apparently it can mess up the internal gubbings of th etacho

Some also come through with a small piece of plastic film over the contacts. One of our drivers was about to report his new card not working when he spotted it and removed it, at which point his card of course started working.

wirralpete:
seems dvla have got it together lately,
got my ADR results last week, by friday my certificate from dvla was here, was very impressed…

They are almost there then Pete. When I did my first ADR in about 1979 they said that they would be soon incorporated into the driving licence :stuck_out_tongue:

MisterStrood:
Did try yesterday as unfortunately i lost mine one and could not do it over the phone as their system does not accept postcode where I live :imp:
Useless

I get that quite often. My old postcode used to be DE** 1**

Now it is DE** 8** and I have to use the old postcode, even though it changed 7 years ago :open_mouth: