Digicard Renewal

Now (as in right now) would appear to be a good time to renew your digicard if you’ve received a reminder from DVLA. Just done mine and the total time for the call (from start to finish, including navigating the menus, waiting for operator to answer etc) was 2 minutes and 46 seconds.

Did mine a couple of weeks ago, it took about the same amount of time on the phone and the new card arrived 2 days later.

Did mine the other week quick call and done.
Great service

Me too. Couple of minutes on phone Thursday morning. Card arrived Monday. Old card doesn’t run out till end of July.

Renewed mine a few months. Quick drama free service. Credit where its due etc. Could the person in charge of the department please apply to be chief negotiator for Brexit? Or maybe theyd rather not.

What number are you calling?

0300 123 1341. Tried it earlier in the afternoon and got a “we are very busy, try again later” message. Tried again around 4pm and got straight through with no hanging around “on hold”.

Got mine a few weeks ago,took 3 days to receive new card.Excellent service.

got my replacement on monday, quick question though, when it expires what happens to it mid shift ie midnight ( i work nights)

does it just carry on recording until you eject at the end of shift or what?

thanks

The head unit will spit the card out at midnight. So you will need to stop at the earliest safe opportunity and then do manual written entries on a printout to cover the time that you were driving without a card.

Or you could simply plan your shift so that you are safely parked up at the witching hour when the old card is ejected and you can pop the new one straight in.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

And bear in mind that “midnight” on the tacho head (when the card spits out) will be 0100 local time in the UK.

i dont know this for a fact but instead of using the card on the night its due to expire,would it be possible to use the new card instead?

No, the head unit will reject the new card as invalid if you try to use it before midnight - just as it will if you try to use the old one after midnight.

Sent using smoke and mirrors