Finding an Old Truck

Has anyone got an idea of how I might go about finding a lorry my boss used to own? He wants to buy it back as it is the truck he started the business with.

It’s still taxed according to the DVLA, so hasn’t been exported just yet but its a 2006 8-wheeler tipper with a manual box so it won’t be long!!

DVLA won’t release owner details simply because the enquirer wants to buy the vehicle. In theory you could lie about the reason you need to trace the owner but this would be illegal. You could try a Google image search for the registration number and if you find the vehicle it may be in livery although I imagine the odds on both of these things happening is small.

Google image the reg, if its recent and liveried then good to go, what is the reg somebody might know it on here. You could also call the local dealers for the brand, it might still be localish bound to have been in at some point and they may well give you the company, worked that way when found a spare set of keys for one anyway.

hammer:
Has anyone got an idea of how I might go about finding a lorry my boss used to own? He wants to buy it back as it is the truck he started the business with.

That sounds a bit like when people try to reconnect with their first girlfriend through social media, but the babe they remember has now become a boiler :laughing: He could be in for the same kind of unpleasant surprise

Ask a policeman friend you know , he find out for you ,i did with a moped i had as a kid , pointed me in the right direction :laughing: :confused:

If it is something like an ERF or Foden, then there are a few BaceFook groups where one of the members may be the owner.

Ken.

Does it have a current MOT? You can check the MOT status online which will tell you if it is still running on the road.

gov.uk/check-mot-status

Wiretwister:
Does it have a current MOT? You can check the MOT status online which will tell you if it is still running on the road.

gov.uk/check-mot-status

You need history check as MOT status don’t show HGV mot status

New pastures

What is the reg? Someone might have seen it.

I know where there about 7 or 8 2006 Foden 8 wheel tippers that have been retired, plus a selection of older ones. Pretty certain these are one owner but you never know.

Sorry for slow reply. So…

It’s a 2006 Scania R420 8x4, chipped to 500Hp.

Was in Tarmac white/Green/yellow. I’m assuming its been painted since but maybe not I dunno?

Reg is P33FJS.

Used to live in North Wales but was sold about 2015. Its still taxed according to the DVLA.

If it rings any bells with anyone, let me know. Thanks.

flickr.com/photos/117804157@N06/23427628315

mrginge:
lafarge tarmac ( c.& h. roberts ) P 33 FJS scania R420 | Flickr

That’s the one!! This pic is from when my boss had it. It was moved on soon after.

According to DVLA its tax ran out at the start of this month. It may have been taxed but not updated or it’s now OTR. It is MOT’d till March next year though.https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

Ok thanks. Will keep looking.