Leyland Reiver

Hi,Wondered if someone could help,I’m trying to track down my dad old Leyland Reiver registration WUD382R.Any info would be great.Many thanks.

Alistair.

You can do a DVLA vehicle search. I would not be to hopeful of finding the vehicle. It looks as though it has been off the road for 35 years.
Apologies, I cut off the Reg number on the screen shot.

essexpete:
You can do a DVLA vehicle search. I would not be to hopeful of finding the vehicle. It looks as though it has been off the road for 35 years.
Apologies, I cut off the Reg number on the screen shot.

Pete, how do you access this website? Can you do it for vehicle reg OWG352M?

Thanks if you can

gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

gov.uk/check-mot-history

essexpete:
Get vehicle information from DVLA - GOV.UK

gov.uk/check-mot-history

Does this only work on certain reg no’s? I put a range of numbers from vehicles I have owned, some came up but others weren’t recognised.

Does this only work on certain reg no’s? I put a range of numbers from vehicles I have owned, some came up but others weren’t recognised.
Dennis Javelin
Basically yes, it isn’t actually a very good site, the older the vehicle the less chance of a hit, the info is mostly what’s known anyway, only if it shows the vehicle is still taxed is the only indication it might still be running, sometimes the info is wrong too. Franky.

Frankydobo:
Dennis Javelin
Basically yes, it isn’t actually a very good site, the older the vehicle the less chance of a hit, the info is mostly what’s known anyway, only if it shows the vehicle is still taxed is the only indication it might still be running, sometimes the info is wrong too. Franky.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys.

Truckal1970:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think whether or not a vehicle is on the data base sometimes is the point at which they were last taxed. After a date in either the very late 70s or early 80s the DVLA updated and vehicles not on the system would have been lost. Vehicles from the pre DVLA do not appear to have records archived (I stand to be corrected). Going forward the Statutory off road notice (SORN) was introduced and if a vehicle was scrapped I think it was a requirement to declare that. I assume that once scrapped the vehicle disappears from the data base.