Truck sat nav

Hi all.

Can anybody reccommend a truck nav thats half decent and isint going to break the bank cheers tony.

Garmin Dezl 770LMT-d is what I’ve got. It’s not the latest but it’s up to date and I got mine secondhand off fleabay. Its never let me down yet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I’ve got Aguri truck 700 , £200ish online , lifetime updates , big screen , can set up for different height trailers . Been good for me .

My tuppence…
TomTom 6520 professional wifi.

Cant go far wrong with a Garmin, A bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Cheap Chinese ones will suffice if you’re budget doesn’t run to a Garmin. Also there is an app you can download called CoPilot, it’s pretty good and a very cheap price. Beats most dedicated sat navs.

I have a tomtom 620 professional. Quality kit. Come down a lot in price over the 2 years I’ve had mine.

biggriffin:
My tuppence…

I’m thinking of getting one of those on payday, are they any good?

I ordered a Tom Tom ( can’t remember model ) but sent it back , I tried it out & put in Grantham - rugby , for a reason I can’t understand it wanted to turn right in Waltham on the wolds ( which I think is a 7.5t limit , did it every time , why it just didn’t head to Melton Mowbray I don’t know
Got a snooper , & other than taking me up a bus route in Wolverhampton & it’s flat refusal to take you through the dart ford tunnels ( tries to re route you , and then shows a bloke on screen when you come out tunnels ( I’m guessing it thinks pedestrian ) it’s perfect , London , anywhere
Nb fine with all tunnels bar dart ford
Think it was £400 , mrs went on for months when found out price , £1000 s of pounds on tanning , nails , spa weekends , health clubs , hair etc ,clothes though is fine apparently !!!

Tom Tom go professional 520 is the one I use. Bought it from argos for about £250. A bit pricey but it has been brilliant. Updates via wifi and can link to your phone via bluetooth for live traffic on your given route which is the best thing about it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

DAF95XF:

biggriffin:
My tuppence…

I would recommend it, free lifetime traffic,free lifetime map updates,free lifetime speed cameras… all done through your phone, uses minimal data, and the traffic is spot on…

biggriffin:

DAF95XF:

biggriffin:
My tuppence…

I would recommend it, free lifetime traffic,free lifetime map updates,free lifetime speed cameras… all done through your phone, uses minimal data, and the traffic is spot on… and download the mydrive app, you can plan routes send them to you sstnav,

biggriffin:

biggriffin:

DAF95XF:

biggriffin:
My tuppence…

I would recommend it, free lifetime traffic,free lifetime map updates,free lifetime speed cameras… all done through your phone, uses minimal data, and the traffic is spot on… and download the mydrive app, you can plan routes send them to you sstnav,

Cheers, I was thinking of getting the one with the built in sim though… :wink:

i’ve got a tom tom, total waste of money, junk

dozy:
I ordered a Tom Tom ( can’t remember model ) but sent it back , I tried it out & put in Grantham - rugby , for a reason I can’t understand it wanted to turn right in Waltham on the wolds ( which I think is a 7.5t limit , did it every time , why it just didn’t head to Melton Mowbray I don’t know
Got a snooper , & other than taking me up a bus route in Wolverhampton & it’s flat refusal to take you through the dart ford tunnels ( tries to re route you , and then shows a bloke on screen when you come out tunnels ( I’m guessing it thinks pedestrian ) it’s perfect , London , anywhere
Nb fine with all tunnels bar dart ford
Think it was £400 , mrs went on for months when found out price , £1000 s of pounds on tanning , nails , spa weekends , health clubs , hair etc ,clothes though is fine apparently !!!

Could it be you`ve set it up to avoid tolls?

For Gods sake Franglais, don’t be entering variables into the equation. Far better to let him think it’s rubbish rather than inflicting him on the rest of us.

the maoster:
For Gods sake Franglais, don’t be entering variables into the equation. Far better to let him think it’s rubbish rather than inflicting him on the rest of us.

Sorry, my bad.
I was forgetting. I was thinking I was talking to someone who could work out where the settings were…

Dozy , if your Nan Nav sent you around Dartford tunnel , if you got it second hand , the previous owner has set it to height restrictions of the tunnel, or set it to ADR routes and times , or set it to wide or over length loads , some tunnel restrictions are cheaper at night but not all .
If you got a new Nav , it could be the software. For the tunnel ,you pay for the ■■■■■■ ,depending on the size and dimensions of your load , over a certain weight ,pay the ■■■■■■ £190 .
Charges due for height , width , length and weight .

Garmin dezl 770 or else

Ive got the tomtom 6250 its great but not perfect its never tried taking me under a bridge that i cant get under but it had tried routing me through the odd width restriction so always worth spending 5 minutes cross referencing with Google maps and street view on any roads its trying to take you that dont quite look right.

Free android app called RoadLords.
Specific satnav app for trucks with all whistles and bells.