Truck Nav suggestions?

before i make my way into signing up with agencies etc i want to get myself a good truck sat nav. i have looked at loads and loads of reviews and one will say tomtom 6000 best thing since sliced bread. and then the next review will say its absolutely shocking ! so can anyone recommend which is the best most practical and what experience you have with them. cheeeeers

Do a search on here.The subject has been done to death…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Everyone will generally say the one they have is the best. as they know no different…
I have the TomTom6000 and I like it!

If you want a discussion about cheaper ones look here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128456

Enjoy! :smiley:

definitely want the best. i had one of the cheap chinese ones when i was doing some box van work and it crashed every time i turned the van off absolute POS. id prefer to spend around £200 but i know its going to be closer to £300. aslong as its fit for purspose and does what its actually meant to do unlike the chinese ones id be happy

iv just bought the tomtom5000, seems a good bit of kit. yet to use it yet but will post about it once i have. bargain at £250 aswell

HGV:
iv just bought the tomtom5000, seems a good bit of kit. yet to use it yet but will post about it once i have. bargain at £250 aswell

i have looked at these but they seem hard to find nowadays. any reason you went for the 5000 when the 6000 is a similar price ? is the 6k a newer version than the 5 or something completely different ? cheers

I’ve been using a Garmin DEZl 770 for a while now. Occasionally it’ll send me on a bizarre route but very rarely. It’s only done it twice in 50,000 miles. Top piece of kit.

Anyone used a cracked download Co-pilot on android ?

the 3 i have narrowed it down to are aguri 700 ( i think the new one anyway) garmin dezl 760 (because i cant afford 770) or tomtom 600.

not really interested in snooper i know they are meant to be good but the website is just confusing. so many variations of the same sat nav but extra money for it to have this and that. iv just ruled it out.

CO-Pilot is good.

I have a garmin truck sat nav. although with multi drop I find this poor if you do not know the area. I imagine it will be the same with all the truck sat navs as it can send you down a very long route just to keep you on truck friendly roads.

What I do is set up my garmin. Then use google maps which will get me right outside the business/home I have to get to. So my truck sat nav to get me in the general area then google maps to help me find the exact place. Also google maps has the best live traffic imo.

Been running a Garmin DEZL Truck and its not perfect but its done the job. only low bridge its tried to take me under was in Battersea in London.

nick2008:
Anyone used a cracked download Co-pilot on android ?

Just buy the proper version at least then you know it’ll work properly and wont steal any data from you

Just about to start my first job in a weeks time & have decided to get the Tomtom 6000 partly as I’m used to the way tomtom work having one in my car. Halfords are doing 20% off if you trade an old sat nav in at the moment & it just happens I have a very old one in a draw somewhere lol, I also have some unused Halfords vouchers so it’ll work out I get it for £175.

89 quid for copilot on your phone for uk and and ireland

alix776:
89 quid for copilot on your phone for uk and and ireland

Not for hgv though is it?

Garmin Dezl top piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The renault navtruck is copilot with a renault badge on it £80 uk ireland europe is £129 on app store

Aponia is cheeper and routing is good europe is 49.99

Bought the Tomtom 6000 from Halfords so with a 20% discount for trading in a very old useless sat nav plus £80 in unused gift vouchers it cost me £175 so well impressed.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Get ANY SatNav, car or truck, that suits your budget and then use it as an AID to your roadcraft to help get you to your destination safely

Still can’t fathom why it HAS to be a truck one?

You’ll just end up relying too much on it and not learn best routes yourself.

You might pay a fortune for one but when it tries to send you down wrong street for your truck it will be the SatNavs fault whereas really it’s the drivers !

I think ones an essential piece of kit especially if just starting out or on multi drop but will I ever follow it blindly - no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is an essential ad on if your ever thinking of crossing the water to the land that time forgot
youtube.com/watch?v=yoNNi6NuKbU