Truck Nav suggestions?

dcgpx:
Get ANY SatNav, car or truck, that suits your budget and then use it as an AID to your roadcraft to help get you to your destination safely

Still can’t fathom why it HAS to be a truck one?

You’ll just end up relying too much on it and not learn best routes yourself.

You might pay a fortune for one but when it tries to send you down wrong street for your truck it will be the SatNavs fault whereas really it’s the drivers !

I think ones an essential piece of kit especially if just starting out or on multi drop but will I ever follow it blindly - no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the theory behind my purchase is that it will be an invaluable aid to my new job, if you ask my wife however she will tell you just how often I disagree with sat nav because I do happen to know better. I’ve been driving for over 30 years although not trucks I think I have a bit of common sense.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:

dcgpx:
Get ANY SatNav, car or truck, that suits your budget and then use it as an AID to your roadcraft to help get you to your destination safely

You might pay a fortune for one but when it tries to send you down wrong street for your truck it will be the SatNavs fault whereas really it’s the drivers !

I think ones an essential piece of kit especially if just starting out or on multi drop but will I ever follow it blindly - no!

Now the theory behind my purchase is that it will be an invaluable aid to my new job, if you ask my wife however she will tell you just how often I disagree with sat nav because I do happen to know better. I’ve been driving for over 30 years although not trucks I think I have a bit of common sense.

A lot of agencies will actually ask if you have a specific truck Sat-Nav. Now I’ve no idea what the response would be if I said no, as I’ve never had to. But I’d guess that they would frown at this point and put a little mental black mark against you.
Yes it is ONLY an aid, but why not use what you can along with a map and your eyes!

My Sat-Nav would make a fortune if we operated a swear jar! :grimacing:

Evil8Beezle:

wrighty1:

dcgpx:

A lot of agencies will actually ask if you have a specific truck Sat-Nav. Now I’ve no idea what the response would be if I said no, as I’ve never had to. But I’d guess that they would frown at this point and put a little mental black mark against you.
Yes it is ONLY an aid, but why not use what you can along with a map and your eyes!

My Sat-Nav would make a fortune if we operated a swear jar! :grimacing:

I must admit the new one has a rather officious ladies voice at the moment so will be easy to argue with lol. In my mind there is nothing wrong with making any job easier for yourself, I just don’t get the job is dumbed down thinking of some and that goes for any industry.

BigRob25:

HGV:
iv just bought the tomtom5000, seems a good bit of kit. yet to use it yet but will post about it once i have. bargain at £250 aswell

i have looked at these but they seem hard to find nowadays. any reason you went for the 5000 when the 6000 is a similar price ? is the 6k a newer version than the 5 or something completely different ? cheers

The only diffetence is the screen size…6000 6 inch…5000 5 inch.

I dont need a plasma tv in my windscreen lol…not a big fan of the big screens…this was reduced from 290 aswell and the 6000 was still over 300

I’ve used Co-Pilot for 18months, first as an app on a PDA supplied by the company I was working for, then I bought it and use it on an iPhone 6+. Works fine for me, very customisable and only gives me the heeby-jeebies in new estates where it doesn’t know the roads exist…