Robroy forced to eat pot noodles?

shocking news just discovered !!!
weatherspoons closing pubs left right and centre.

is this the end of the good life for robroy and his quality evening rest periods?
could we see reports of ginsters pies and pot noodles sales booming in the south west and cornwall?

whats the alternative to those 2 pints and a steak fryup of a quiet evening with skysports on the telly. :smiley:

cornwalllive.com/news/cornw ā€¦ n=exchange

Perhapsā€¦

He could seek advice from the park in a lay-by right on the main road and eat Not Poodle all night team?

My helpful hints would be to bulk buy his wetwipes from Amazon (other wetwipe retailers are availabe) and delete the Spoons app from his phone.

yourhavingalarf:
Perhapsā€¦

He could seek advice from the park in a lay-by right on the main road and eat Not Poodle all night team?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its a pity dozy hurt his eye and for him trucknet is a thing of the pastā€¦( please let that be a thing of the past!!! )
he could have taken him under his wing and shown him the ropes regarding making a 3 course meal out of a packet of jaffa cakes and a chocolate orangeā€¦ :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Jeeez Hā€¦Weatherspoons shutting their boozers on mass? :open_mouth:
The end of civilised nights out as we know them.
I need a lie down to get my swede round this, to see how tf Iā€™m gonna cope with life now. :open_mouth:

Suppose other pub chains are available but those bloody pubs in Cornwall are the thick end of 4 quid a pint, and poncy small portion scrans for a tenner :open_mouth:

I need to pm dozy for some tips on frugal tramping,.and where the best lay bys are to sit in my cab like Billy Nomates eating my cold Ginster pie, can of lilt, and an orange for pudding,ā€¦ but only after washing my hands, nads and arse on a wet wipe of course, instead of a shower.

Come to think of it you know, Iā€™ll save a ā– ā– ā– ā–  fortune, Iā€™m starting to warm to the idea.
Cheers for the heads up DD, but Iā€™ll still meet up with Maoster for one LAST time in the boozer, ā€¦ but only because itā€™s his turn to pay. :sunglasses: :laughing:

robroy:
:shock: :open_mouth:
Jeeez Hā€¦Weatherspoons shutting their boozers on mass? :open_mouth:
The end of civilised nights out as we know them.
I need a lie down to get my swede round this, to see how tf Iā€™m gonna cope with life now. :open_mouth:

Suppose other pub chains are available but those bloody pubs in Cornwall are the thick end of 4 quid a pint, and poncy small portion scrans for a tenner :open_mouth:

I need to pm dozy for some tips on frugal tramping,.and where the best lay bys are to sit in my cab like Billy Nomates eating my cold Ginster pie, can of lilt, and an orange for pudding,ā€¦ but only after washing my hands, nads and arse on a wet wipe of course, instead of a shower.

Come to think of it you know, Iā€™ll save a [zb] fortune, Iā€™m starting to warm to the idea.
Cheers for the heads up DD, but Iā€™ll still meet up with Maoster for one LAST time in the boozer, ā€¦ but only because itā€™s his turn to pay. :sunglasses: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
id meet up with him after they close and get my moneys worth out of him. :wink:

To be fair, they are putting 16 pubs across the country (out of 900+ in total) up for sale - they are not closing (not yet, at any rate). I think it may be a tad premature at this stage to buy shares in Ginstersā€¦

That could also create havoc to my weekend evening eating plan.No chicken burger and a pint of Abbot for 6 quid would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Is there a certain etiquette concerning use of wet wipes? I would go for ā– ā– ā–  then nads then hands , the possibilities appear to be endless.

alamcculloch:
Is there a certain etiquette concerning use of wet wipes? I would go for ā– ā– ā–  then nads then hands , the possibilities appear to be endless.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
possibly not in that order if your using the same one?? :open_mouth:

remember and keep them in the fridge if your of a sweaty disposition. :slight_smile:

robroy:
, but Iā€™ll still meet up with Maoster for one LAST time in the boozer, ā€¦ but only because itā€™s his turn to pay. :sunglasses: :laughing:

I still remember our last night out where you paid with a certain fondness; the barmaid thought you were talking an obscure east European language until I patiently explained that you were a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and so she should really watch your lips if she wanted to understand you.

Anyway, end of the night and you magnanimously offered to pay, I still remember how proud you looked as you pulled two shiny shillings from your pocket, and also the crestfallen look followed by tears when she patiently explained that they were no longer legal tender and in fact had not been for the entirety of her young life!

My, how we laughed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

robroy:
, but Iā€™ll still meet up with Maoster for one LAST time in the boozer, ā€¦ but only because itā€™s his turn to pay. :sunglasses: :laughing:

I still remember our last night out where you paid with a certain fondness; the barmaid thought you were talking an obscure east European language until I patiently explained that you were a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and so she should really watch your lips if she wanted to understand you.

Youā€™ve only said that because youā€™re still ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off that the same young barmaid could not take her eyes off me all night, and went on to ask me if I was out with my Dad. :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: fur queue! :smiley: :smiley:

They were to open a new one near me in Bourne, Ā£1m shop conversion, planning approved 2018, work due to start this year and complete April 2020. Work hasnā€™t started and recently local news said the plans are ā€œbeing reviewedā€, make of that what you will.
Bernard

I hear itā€™s a job to get staff for Weatherspoons these days, what with all the EE workers doing a pre-Brexit exit from the UK.

Quite funny though!

How will the OAPs cope without a nice plate of instant mash, 2 MRM sausages and a pint of beer-style drink for a tenner? Plus the free beermats covered in anti-EU propaganda?

dieseldog999:

alamcculloch:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
possibly not in that order if your using the same one?? :open_mouth:

remember and keep them in the fridge if your of a sweaty disposition. :slight_smile:

So that is how pubic hair gets in the fridge! :open_mouth:

The only one that will worry me is The Queens Hotel in Newport. its handy for SGP

Donā€™t think anyone has to worry.
Announced today they are spending Ā£200m on new pubs and hotels creating 10000 jobs.

Mystery Action:
Announced today they are spending Ā£200m on new pubs and hotels creating 10000 jobs.

Me and my Mrs have stayed in a couple of Wetherspoon Hotels while on short weekend breaks, and they are spot on.

Mystery Action:

Geniusā€¦

Paying a bunch of dole scroungers enough wedge to sit in spoons all day, therefore creating jobs and wealth in the area.

Perfik system.

albion1938:
They were to open a new one near me in Bourne, Ā£1m shop conversion, planning approved 2018, work due to start this year and complete April 2020. Work hasnā€™t started and recently local news said the plans are ā€œbeing reviewedā€, make of that what you will.
Bernard

Where in Bourne ?
As many many moons ago I lived just by the Chippy in Morton and parked the unit in the garage opposite !
There was a cheap Cafe in Bourne that did good evening meals on the high street back in the 80ā€™s as I remember.