Routiers and a few pics ect

Anyone used this place before ?

I met the Mayor’s daughter there, I wish there was a Rouitiers all over the UK, set price meal, real food for drivers.

No Dan I’ve never stopped there.

Where did you buy that Routiers directory from ■■

I sought it out last year while on the motorbike on the way back up, but I must’ve missed timed it as it was shut.iirc it’s on the local road that runs parallel to the motorway

image.jpg
Off a mate

Not used it before , :grimacing: but I fish just down the road from it at gigantica :laughing: nice area!

The ISBN # 9782901902447 or 2901902448 should allow anyone to find a copy. Though it looks like the original source is out of stock but copies are available within 5 days
boutiquedelaroute.com/pagety … s+Routiers

there is a new book every year, 2016 version is a red one.
You can find one in major petrol stations along the motorways. Price should be around 20 €.
Online version here
relais-routiers.com/

Punchy Dan:
Off a mate

Cheers Dan. I’ll get myself a copy.

Hoping to be at the above tomorrow night on route Alba Italy .

Punchy Dan:

Get some photos up Dan.

This is why I love touring in France, in fact anywhere in the rest of Europe!
The UK really is woefully inadequate when it comes to providing decent food for anyone, it has gone the way of the USA where it is equally difficult to find any decent roadside fodder.
Making money has once again unfortunately been prioritised over providing decent food.

Accountants…Line them up come revolution day :wink:

Too right mate,UK drivers get treated like five year kids with their MSA meal voucher , you can get baked beans, fish fingers, chicken nuggets or a pie, that is kids food, not for adults that have worked 15 hours and driven for 10 hours .
European drivers are waited on by smart staff in proper uniforms, you eat on a table with a white linen cloth, the menu has five or more options of a starter, salad, soup, mains, pudding, free coffee and an digestif, it is normal in France to stand at the bar chatting to work mates prior to eating while drinking an apperitif to stimulate the appetite .
Trucks are made welcome in hotel parking areas, in the heat of the summer i would treat myself to a room with air con and in the winter, a room with a heating and a hot bath, they give discounts to drivers .
At delivery and reload locations you are treated with respect, many times while waiting two or three days to load shoes or textiles in the North of Portugal, the factory would boss would drive us to the restaurant and pay for the meal .
Ask Shady on here, he will know what i am on about .

peirre:
I sought it out last year while on the motorbike on the way back up, but I must’ve missed timed it as it was shut.iirc it’s on the local road that runs parallel to the motorway

Ditto ,was shut when I got there even though it said on the board it was open until 2200 hrs ,anyway all was good made it to Piney in the 11 mins I had left ,parked by the church and had 3 courses for €19 at le tadorne

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
904500D7-62BC-4F63-AD9A-3083991658BC.jpeg
image.jpeg

use a name:

Punchy Dan:

Get some photos up Dan.

Ok Phil also for Gunnerheskey and jasonbrown , filling up at As24 diesel at the frejus .

image.jpeg
image.jpeg next time you think your cabs not big enough think of this ,not the merc mega space but mini space ,soon be back in the sandbach scania !

Nice pics Dan.Keep em comin.

Punchy Dan:

peirre:

Ditto ,was shut when I got there even though it said on the board it was open until 2200 hrs ,anyway all was good made it to Piney in the 11 mins I had left ,parked by the church and had 3 courses for €19 at le tadorne

I was speaking to a couple of French drivers last month and we were comparing Routiers around the table, like you do , an they introduced me to the TruckFly app. It seems to be mainly used in France but it gives you locations, reviews, menus, etc. for Les Routiers. It’s been very handy.

thanx for sharing with us

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg