Where are the 100,s of job ads?

dozy:
No idea if it’s a shortage of jobs in my area but getting jobs for Luton , Bedford , Normanton , warehouse jobs , latest job is flt in Doncaster

I get the impression that people living in falling housing cost areas - are the ones that also show lowering pay, less vacancies, and further to travel to get to work, not to mention “more hours expected of you in your contract”…

In housing areas where prices were lowER to start with, such as “less desirable housing estates” in larger towns - they can’t fill the vacancies there, because the affordable housing there is “dead man’s shoes” to get a foot in the door of…

This means lots of extra vacancies in those jobs that don’t pay top dollar (Only locals can afford to commute there, and there are not enough of them of experience and age to DO the job!)
Job Vacancies are a product of “How cheap is it to live there?” then.

Luton, Bedford, Normanton - Would I be right in thinking that house prices there rose the most over the past decade of low interest rates, and now falling as they are - cannot now fill the vacancies, because “no one wants to take the risk of buying a house in a falling market for a job that could bust you out in less than two years with no payoff”…

Risk Risk Risk…

This “Recession” so far - only seems to be negatively affecting those people who had the bigget BOOM the past ten years, is what I am observing here…

Living outside the M25 as I do, my new neighbor sold his “like-for-like” house from inside the M25, moved next door to me, and trousered over 100k in the process, evident by the 72 plate off-roader outside…
That means an overpriced property has been sold, and an underpriced one purchased.
House prices in my area - are still rising, but in London - I hear they are dropping fast…
Jobs are also disappearing inside the M25, but are mushrooming outside the M25…

Just a perception on my part. If others are noticing “differently”, then post your comments about what it’s like around your way, rather than slag me off for having a different view to the mainstream narrative please… :unamused: