Where are the 100,s of job ads?

ETS:
According to this here graph statista.com/statistics/299 … d-kingdom/

it was £1.50 last January indeed then goes to £1.73 in March peaking at £1.96 in June and July down to 1.8 in Sep

Last time it Was £1.20 was in Jan '21 so I stand corrected. However my point still remains that the price is way up compared to ‘‘old times’’ ie. 2020 pre-pandemic and has been quite volatile during 2022

Yeah apologies for the over reaction.
I guess I just feel the cost of living crisis has been overdone to death by the MSM trying to keep us in a state of fear. It’s just a little bit of inflation, 10% , that we’re not used to.

peirre:
I somehow knew that you couldn’t resist responding.
FYI I’m hardly spending money like Viv Richardson, and the cost of living for me is minuscule, I’m not doing 250 miles to/from work a week so the fuel saving is good,
I have no mortgage, no dog, no wife and kids to keep, just a couple of nights out at Spoons a week, so I just have utilities, beer and food to buy which are covered by my modest pension each month from my previous employer, so I’m hardly going to spend 1000’s in such a short period of time, so I’m pretty much set being comfortable at home.

FYI Carnival in Portugal isn’t until 15th (I’m out there 15th-23rd), so besides the cost of a return ryanair flight between Manchester and Lisbon (with no luggage) on those dates, parking my car at Manchester airport, and a hire car for the week from Lisbon (for €29 - yes you read it correctly) I have a bed in my mates house for free, so the misc costs of the PT side even if I take them out for dinner is covered by the money I have stashed away in my Portuguese bank account.
As I’ve been told Friday that there is no work next week I was considering going away at the last minute to warmer places but I’m informed that southern Spain is brassic atm so I’ll scratch that it’s warmer here in my gaff without the heating on, and I don’t fancy going to the canaries due to the flight times.

Btw did you get your money from your JSA claim yet?

It’s fairly obvious I’d respond as you brought me into it , if you hadn’t of mentioned me I’d not of bothered , at the end of the day as I’ve said before , you made your bed , not me so you lie in it
And yes I know what a wonderful time of it your having , keep convincing yourself as your not me !!

MichaelAllington:
this forum having loads of jobs advertised
Now there are none

I’ve always wondered why there are no job adverts on the forum? I thought at least most employers ran a referral scheme?

My jobs up for grabs.
I took semi retirement…as of yesterday.
Won’t be jetting off anywhere…mind.
All you can eat breakfast,at the castlewood…then off fishing.
Not driving,probs still over the limit.

It’s a hard knock life.

No idea if it’s a shortage of jobs in my area but getting jobs for Luton , Bedford , Normanton , warehouse jobs , latest job is flt in Doncaster

I find the best jobs aren’t advertised. In the last fifteen odd years, every job I’ve had the employer has approached me.

Star down under.:
I find the best jobs aren’t advertised. In the last fifteen odd years, every job I’ve had the employer has approached me.

Yes I guess they were desperate , any one will do

dozy:

Star down under.:

Yes I guess they were desperate , any one will do

The trick about “Anyone will do” is to be there at the exact moment the employer adopts that approach… :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

If you’re in there on agency already then - you’re in pole position to get that job - yes?

If you apply from the outside - it’ll probably go to the “other candidate” who got interviewed the day before you…

If you apply from the dole queue - you won’t even get a job interview… :open_mouth:

dozy:
No idea if it’s a shortage of jobs in my area but getting jobs for Luton , Bedford , Normanton , warehouse jobs , latest job is flt in Doncaster

I get the impression that people living in falling housing cost areas - are the ones that also show lowering pay, less vacancies, and further to travel to get to work, not to mention “more hours expected of you in your contract”…

In housing areas where prices were lowER to start with, such as “less desirable housing estates” in larger towns - they can’t fill the vacancies there, because the affordable housing there is “dead man’s shoes” to get a foot in the door of…

This means lots of extra vacancies in those jobs that don’t pay top dollar (Only locals can afford to commute there, and there are not enough of them of experience and age to DO the job!)
Job Vacancies are a product of “How cheap is it to live there?” then.

Luton, Bedford, Normanton - Would I be right in thinking that house prices there rose the most over the past decade of low interest rates, and now falling as they are - cannot now fill the vacancies, because “no one wants to take the risk of buying a house in a falling market for a job that could bust you out in less than two years with no payoff”…

Risk Risk Risk…

This “Recession” so far - only seems to be negatively affecting those people who had the bigget BOOM the past ten years, is what I am observing here…

Living outside the M25 as I do, my new neighbor sold his “like-for-like” house from inside the M25, moved next door to me, and trousered over 100k in the process, evident by the 72 plate off-roader outside…
That means an overpriced property has been sold, and an underpriced one purchased.
House prices in my area - are still rising, but in London - I hear they are dropping fast…
Jobs are also disappearing inside the M25, but are mushrooming outside the M25…

Just a perception on my part. If others are noticing “differently”, then post your comments about what it’s like around your way, rather than slag me off for having a different view to the mainstream narrative please… :unamused:

Winseer:

dozy:

I get the impression that people living in falling housing cost areas - are the ones that also show lowering pay, less vacancies, and further to travel to get to work, not to mention “more hours expected of you in your contract”…

In housing areas where prices were lowER to start with, such as “less desirable housing estates” in larger towns - they can’t fill the vacancies there, because the affordable housing there is “dead man’s shoes” to get a foot in the door of…

This means lots of extra vacancies in those jobs that don’t pay top dollar (Only locals can afford to commute there, and there are not enough of them of experience and age to DO the job!)
Job Vacancies are a product of “How cheap is it to live there?” then.

Luton, Bedford, Normanton - Would I be right in thinking that house prices there rose the most over the past decade of low interest rates, and now falling as they are - cannot now fill the vacancies, because “no one wants to take the risk of buying a house in a falling market for a job that could bust you out in less than two years with no payoff”…

Risk Risk Risk…

This “Recession” so far - only seems to be negatively affecting those people who had the bigget BOOM the past ten years, is what I am observing here…

Living outside the M25 as I do, my new neighbor sold his “like-for-like” house from inside the M25, moved next door to me, and trousered over 100k in the process, evident by the 72 plate off-roader outside…
That means an overpriced property has been sold, and an underpriced one purchased.
House prices in my area - are still rising, but in London - I hear they are dropping fast…
Jobs are also disappearing inside the M25, but are mushrooming outside the M25…

Just a perception on my part. If others are noticing “differently”, then post your comments about what it’s like around your way, rather than slag me off for having a different view to the mainstream narrative please… :unamused:

You’ve hit the nail on the head there windseer , as always , couldn’t of wrote it better myself