Deeside

It’s a long shot but I’m getting a bit fed up of searching all the job sites and seeing areas in the uk with jobs going at £13-18ph and I’m stuck on £8! I’m a very experienced driver and I currently use 4 different types of vehicles a day so I know my way around a truck. But most jobs in my area only offer £8-£9 an hour and I really don’t want to go back on agency. I fell like I’m too far from the M6 or something. All the good paying jobs are around that motorway! I do 12-15 hours a day right now

I’ll be honest, I want to do less work for more money. Am I being a nob and wanting too much from life or are there decent jobs near to me and I’m just looking in the wrong places?? Any pointers will be helpful. Taa

Sent You A E-Mail

DHL deeside were advert ing for unilever contract not long ago give them a try.

Thanks a lot guys

Stop searching fella. Those rates don’t exist in the real world in your area £8/9 is about the going rate I’m afraid. Crack on!

Just stop searching and give up ay?? No taa, I’ll keep looking until the day I retire thanks. I’m not working my bum off for f all for the next 30 years. Found a few at £11-12.50ph anyway, so that’s not too bad is it!

sw1ller:
Just stop searching and give up ay?? No taa, I’ll keep looking until the day I retire thanks. I’m not working my bum off for f all for the next 30 years. Found a few at £11-12.50ph anyway, so that’s not too bad is it!

Nice one fella, perseverance pays, hope it goes well :sunglasses:

Don’t take too much notice of online job sites, i bet most of those ‘jobs’ are agency parasites advertising their usual pie in the sky that doesn’t actually exist, just headline figures to get signed up numbers.

Same as always mate, the only way you will find those elusive good jobs is to actively go out and seek them, they do not get advertised, ever, where i work they have never advertised for drivers, you get in either by recommendation, or by knocking on the door which is what i did.

Keep your eyes peeled, i bet there’s some lorries regularly kicking about round your way that you never hear anything about, never a word about them online, never see an advert for workers, they might well have a good fleet but chances are they wont be brash flash or covered in bling, best bet as always is own account, employees in these places usually keep schtum, self preservation and all that.

Are you away a lot?, do you mind being away? an alternative is to travel further afield at start of shift and travel home at the end of the week, if you’re away anyway what have you got to lose apart from an hour earlier out of bed on the first day to travel.

If you fancy it there’s a serious shortage of car transporter drivers now, all companies are looking, you can earn some good money on the right job (beware, ask around before jumping, some are crap) but its bloody hard graft, lots of ■■■■■■ drivers travel in on a Monday and go home Friday, or whatever shift pattern they work to.

Cheers for that reply. I’m not interested in tramping all week anymore. The missus has health issues and I’d rather be within 9 hours of home if there’s an emergency. I don’t mind 1 night out on Monday night then 1 on the Wednesday for example but that’s about the max.

My mate has just landed a cushey shunters job for £12.50 and he’s looking on the job board for an opening for me but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve just signed up for an ADR course anyway so I’m going to try my very best to get into the tanker world. I’ve got a little bit of experience in them so hopefully I’ll get in somewhere.

Thanks again