Driver expected to also stack shelves, is this for real?

stu675:

chriswvtr:
So, yesterday I did a day on Class 2 for Cool Cube (agency) delivering to Starbucks for Gist and whilst we didn’t have to stack the shelves we did have to empty the cages, put the milk cartons individually into the fridge, the sandwiches in trays into another fridge and all the ambient goods onto the counter, one store inside a hotel was very small and didn’t have a fridge in the storeroom so the sandwiches needed to be put in the fridge at the front of the counter

We were given keys for the sites as a lot were closed so had to let ourselves in and switch the alarm off.

I had a drivers mate but if you work for Gist direct you have to do all this on your own.

Paid an hourly rate? What’s the problem? It’s not like carrying Miele washing machines upstairs.

I’m not complaining, I’m just answering the op’s question, the milk needs to be kept chilled and if the store is closed then it obviously has to be put in the chiller, slightly stuck in my craw that the stores that were open the staff just stood around watching us unload it.

The chain is a little bit strange imo, but I guess that may be cos I’m a new pass, Arla milk delivered to Gist who then get Cool Cube to distribute it to stores who get Best Connection (in my case) workers in to do the actual work all these companies take their cut. There’s no wonder Starbucks is so expensive!