Anyone workin on for TESCO shelf stacking

Preferably North West England, usual stuff!. pay, conditions, uniform and hours worked and also any inside information pay rates etc cheers.

the money’s ■■■■, you’ll earn more money as a brain surgeon :wink:

I wouldn’t drive trucks for that money… Pmsl

JB:
I wouldn’t drive trucks for that money… Pmsl

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

From what i hear its good, pays well, home every night, 8 hour shifts and you get a lunch break.

Working in stores on days you.are on £7 An hour min but depends if you working days or night.

Night will probably be time and a half.

my daughter works nights for tesco , she’s on a 35 hour contract at £11 an hour, this includes night premium, finding a store that will give you a 35hr contract is getting harder.
most store’s are only offering 20hr contracts so your only chance of a 35hr contract is if they are opening a new store where you live.

gazza1970:
my daughter works nights for tesco shelf filling , she is on £11 an hour, this includes night premium

So…do we think shelf stacking at Tesco’s is worth up to almost £5/hour more than class 1 driving? :question:

If not…why do so many do it, and accept it? If so, again for what reason? :question: :question:

(No offence to your daughter BTW, good on her. She’s earning more than half the peeps on here ever will, and for a lot less aggro! :laughing: )

gazza1970:
my daughter works nights for tesco , she’s on a 35 hour contract at £11 an hour, this includes night premium, finding a store that will give you a 35hr contract is getting harder.
most store’s are only offering 20hr contracts so your only chance of a 35hr contract is if they are opening a new store where you live.

Is she stacking shelves?

I know getting a 35hr contract might be difficult, but 20hrs on Tesco on £11/hr, then an odd day driving a truck through agency on £9 / hr and you’re quids in against that £6.20 per hour job driving a truck?

Easier said than done finding a job in a supermarket nowadays I think…

Pay & conditions are very good at Tesco for the work, did it for about 4 years myself. Night workers are probably somewhere between £8-£9 now (dunno about london rates). The pay doesn’t get much better than that unless you are in a team leader/management role. You get free shares, discount card and theres a pension scheme etc etc.

If you are going to do it definatly work nights. Day shifts are bloody horrendous and you will find yourself sat on a checkout whether thats your job or not.

where i live dot com drivers are on £8 hr monday to saturday and £12 hr on a sunday and all they do is deliver shopping to peoples houses.
not bad for driving a van .

gazza1970:
where i live dot com drivers are on £8 hr monday to saturday and £12 hr on a sunday and all they do is deliver shopping to peoples houses.

Bloody hell is that Tesco? I do that for Sainsburys and were on just under £7 p/hr
Somedays i get to sit by the side of the A30 for an hour and a half like last week and others your chasing your ■■■ esp in the holiday season when they often give us the wrong addresses and a phone number for the other end of the country! Weve got it harder down here alot of the places we deliver to are nightmares and you have to negociate an obstical course of 6ft 6 roads (the van is 8ft 10 lol) overhanging buildings, trees, no turing spaces and country lanes or barrow the shopping for half a mile, saves on gym membership though :smiley:

cant see van being 8 10 whatever that is trucks limits is 2.5 metres

Trucker-Lass22:

gazza1970:

Bloody hell is that Tesco? I do that for Sainsburys and were on just under £7 p/hr
Somedays i get to sit by the side of the A30 for an hour and a half like last week and others your chasing your ■■■ esp in the holiday season when they often give us the wrong addresses and a phone number for the other end of the country! Weve got it harder down here alot of the places we deliver to are nightmares and you have to negociate an obstical course of 6ft 6 roads (the van is 8ft 10 lol) overhanging buildings, trees, no turing spaces and country lanes or barrow the shopping for half a mile, saves on gym membership though :smiley:

Women exagerating again :unamused:
A van is normally 6’6 - same as a car, some may be bigger like 7.5t’s, and the body may be a bit wider, but most width restrictions are for the wheel level.

Artics normally 8’ except refers which are a touch wider, maybe 8’4 or 8’6 ■■ but 8’10 is knocking on abnormal load widths tbh :laughing: (ok, I know it’s not, but it’s not a van either and I like to exagerate too)

waynedl:

Trucker-Lass22:

gazza1970:

A van is normally 6’6 - same as a car, some may be bigger like 7.5t’s, and the body may be a bit wider, but most width restrictions are for the wheel level.

Artics normally 8’ except refers which are a touch wider, maybe 8’4 or 8’6 ■■ but 8’10 is knocking on abnormal load widths tbh :laughing: (ok, I know it’s not, but it’s not a van either and I like to exagerate too)

Ok so i havent actually measured the width of the van but the sign in the cab states overall travelling width of 8ft 10! Obviously you have never driven through places like Fowey, Mevagissy, Polperro and Looe where the wing mirrors are a few centimetres from the buildings and there are certian roads that are a no go! Was only last week a police van became wedged in Looe!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … dings.html

Trucker-Lass22:

waynedl:

Trucker-Lass22:

gazza1970:

Ok so i havent actually measured the width of the van but the sign in the cab states overall travelling width of 8ft 10! Obviously you have never driven through places like Fowey, Mevagissy, Polperro and Looe where the wing mirrors are a few centimetres from the buildings and there are certian roads that are a no go! Was only last week a police van became wedged in Looe!

I’ve never seen those signs, but I’m guessing that’s including the mirrors.

I drive wherever I’m sent, and so far touches wood I’ve not been stuck, come unstuck or got myself in a situation that’s been a major problem. Sure, I’ve took wrong turns and had to reverse a few feet (miles), and yes I’ve looked at a road and it’s got the correct name, and it looks ok, so you go down, then it gets SMALL, then widens out again and you’re delivery point is there - go out the other way drive :grimacing:

I’ve done B+Q home deliveries in 26t trucks that are the prime movers, steering lock nearly as bad as 8 wheelers (although not quite as bad), tail lifts etc, and it was kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms, so a LOT of our deliveries were to farms that were doing barn conversions, I’ve gone into a delivery down a 1 way street, and had to go back out the wrong way up the 1 way street.

It’s part of driving for a living, we don’t drive cars, I’d have said vans but we’ve got a couple of van drivers on and tbh I’ve had to turn around in sprinter before now due to a bridge that was too low - even for a sprinter :open_mouth:

Just another day at the office down here, see i wasn’t exaggerating :slight_smile:

polperro.org/jammed.html

waynedl:

Trucker-Lass22:

waynedl:

Trucker-Lass22:

gazza1970:

I’ve never seen those signs, but I’m guessing that’s including the mirrors.

I drive wherever I’m sent, and so far touches wood I’ve not been stuck, come unstuck or got myself in a situation that’s been a major problem. Sure, I’ve took wrong turns and had to reverse a few feet (miles), and yes I’ve looked at a road and it’s got the correct name, and it looks ok, so you go down, then it gets SMALL, then widens out again and you’re delivery point is there - go out the other way drive :grimacing:

I’ve done B+Q home deliveries in 26t trucks that are the prime movers, steering lock nearly as bad as 8 wheelers (although not quite as bad), tail lifts etc, and it was kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms, so a LOT of our deliveries were to farms that were doing barn conversions, I’ve gone into a delivery down a 1 way street, and had to go back out the wrong way up the 1 way street.

It’s part of driving for a living, we don’t drive cars, I’d have said vans but we’ve got a couple of van drivers on and tbh I’ve had to turn around in sprinter before now due to a bridge that was too low - even for a sprinter :open_mouth:

Touch wood ive never got into a situation where ive got stuck either, normally check out any dodgy looking ones on google maps or walk down on foot before i take the van down. Yes there’s a bridge not far from the depo that’s too small for a Sprinter and had to reverse a mile back against the flow of the traffic not long after i started on the job, and was only last week one of our new drivers did the same thing (dosen’t help there is no sign stating low bridge until your on it) Im assuming its probably including mirrors