Driver expected to also stack shelves, is this for real?

Nothing wrong with self tipping.Depend from person but for me like.Time from time do store delivery,delivery LIDL RDC.It is enjoy job pull out cages,pallets,split load if required.Only trunking job kill our muscule,health,we get extra stones.Drivers who do store delivery can live more longer,less sick.

Andrejs:
Nothing wrong with self tipping.Depend from person but for me like.Time from time do store delivery,delivery LIDL RDC.It is enjoy job pull out cages,pallets,split load if required.Only trunking job kill our muscule,health,we get extra stones.Drivers who do store delivery can live more longer,less sick.

Does this post also come with subtitles ■■

> thehairyarsedtrucker:
> Does this post also come with subtitles ■■

No but you can do a course with Reeds for only £19 which will help you to read content from those for whom English is just one of the many languages they speak & write - includes:

Learning difficulties in regards to Literacy
~ List of learning difficulties.
~ Describe each in detail.
~ Tests you can take.

Importance of Learning Literacy
~ Why we need literacy in our lives.
~ List how and when it’s used in our everyday life.

Obviously, it doesn’t enable you to speak another language, unlike Andrejs who has learned to speak and write more languages than you.

If stacking shelves is clearly stated in the job description then its up to the person applying for the job - its there in black and white so you should know what your signing up for .
If your an agency bod turning up expecting a trunk to a parcel hub and back again and end up being sent on this kind of a run you need to make a decision - will I or won’t I take this on ?
For me I gone .

whisperingsmith:
Obviously, it doesn’t enable you to speak another language, unlike Andrejs who has learned to speak and write more languages than you.

Unless of course he really is Kevin from Colehill who simply gets his rocks off by taking the ■■■■ on Internet forums?

the maoster:

whisperingsmith:
Unless of course he really is Kevin from Colehill who simply gets his rocks off by taking the ■■■■ on Internet forums?

Now now, that’s very cynical of you! :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
> thehairyarsedtrucker:

No but you can do a course with Reeds for only £19 which will help you to read content from those for whom English is just one of the many languages they speak & write - includes:

~ Tests you can take.

Online Adult Literacy and Numeracy Course - Accredited Certification - Only £19 Special Offer | reed.co.uk

Well said, thank you.

whisperingsmith:
> thehairyarsedtrucker:

~ Tests you can take.

Online Adult Literacy and Numeracy Course - Accredited Certification - Only £19 Special Offer | reed.co.uk

I would prefer it if it was just in his mother tongue. At least I would have a chance with Google translate.

whisperingsmith:
> thehairyarsedtrucker:

~ Tests you can take.

Do they also do courses for people with a sense of humour failure ? because you certainly need to do one IMHO

whisperingsmith:
> thehairyarsedtrucker:

~ Tests you can take.

En hoeveel talen spreekt u?

En before you get your tin knickers in a twist, when I decided to live here, I made it my business to learn to speak, and write, the language properly. Apart from being able to communicate effectively, It is a common courtesy. If, after living several years in a country, you have not managed to learn the language to a decent level, you either haven’t tried, or your thick.

(The spelling error is deliberate…)

beefy4605:
If stacking shelves is clearly stated in the job description then its up to the person applying for the job - its there in black and white so you should know what your signing up for .
If your an agency bod turning up expecting a trunk to a parcel hub and back again and end up being sent on this kind of a run you need to make a decision - will I or won’t I take this on ?
For me I gone .

Bearing in mind it’s possible to end up in a similar position of being expected to handball trailer loads on arrival at a parcel hub ( UPS ).
Best to ask if it’s only trailer or box swap work first.

Carryfast:

beefy4605:
For me I gone .

Bearing in mind it’s possible to end up in a similar position of being expected to handball trailer loads on arrival at a parcel hub ( UPS ).

Of course youd ask first if your face fits before starting the job and your not trying to join some elite truckers club - the kind that anyone can get into with a licence, passport and a change of clothes . That way you wouldn’t have to spend the rest of your life crying about it and making excuses about why you can’t do a days work .
Sorry carryfast - what you tell us may be true but I just dont beleive it (or care if the truth be told )

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

Of course you’d ask first
Sorry carryfast - what you tell us may be true but I just dont beleive it (or care if the truth be told )

You protest laughably too much.The bit in red was all it needed.
Do you really think that I’d be stupid enough to make false claims and statements about that firm.

Carryfast:

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

Do you really think that I’d be stupid enough to make false claims and statements about that firm.

You missed the important part of that answer . I’ve kindly coloured it in for you. I trust this concludes the matter and no further corespondance is required .

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

beefy4605:

Carryfast:

You missed the important part of that answer . I’ve kindly coloured it in for you. I trust this concludes the matter and no further corespondance is required .

correspondence

So, yesterday I did a day on Class 2 for Cool Cube (agency) delivering to Starbucks for Gist and whilst we didn’t have to stack the shelves we did have to empty the cages, put the milk cartons individually into the fridge, the sandwiches in trays into another fridge and all the ambient goods onto the counter, one store inside a hotel was very small and didn’t have a fridge in the storeroom so the sandwiches needed to be put in the fridge at the front of the counter

We were given keys for the sites as a lot were closed so had to let ourselves in and switch the alarm off.

I had a drivers mate but if you work for Gist direct you have to do all this on your own.

chriswvtr:
So, yesterday I did a day on Class 2 for Cool Cube (agency) delivering to Starbucks for Gist and whilst we didn’t have to stack the shelves we did have to empty the cages, put the milk cartons individually into the fridge, the sandwiches in trays into another fridge and all the ambient goods onto the counter, one store inside a hotel was very small and didn’t have a fridge in the storeroom so the sandwiches needed to be put in the fridge at the front of the counter

We were given keys for the sites as a lot were closed so had to let ourselves in and switch the alarm off.

I had a drivers mate but if you work for Gist direct you have to do all this on your own.

Paid an hourly rate? What’s the problem? It’s not like carrying Miele washing machines upstairs.

stu675:

chriswvtr:

Paid an hourly rate? What’s the problem? It’s not like carrying Miele washing machines upstairs.

I’m not complaining, I’m just answering the op’s question, the milk needs to be kept chilled and if the store is closed then it obviously has to be put in the chiller, slightly stuck in my craw that the stores that were open the staff just stood around watching us unload it.

The chain is a little bit strange imo, but I guess that may be cos I’m a new pass, Arla milk delivered to Gist who then get Cool Cube to distribute it to stores who get Best Connection (in my case) workers in to do the actual work all these companies take their cut. There’s no wonder Starbucks is so expensive!

chriswvtr:
[, slightly stuck in my craw that the stores that were open the staff just stood around watching us unload it.

!

Absolutely!!

There’s two different types of driver here. the non-HGV van driver who delivers things like bread and crisps usually does stock the shelves, I think some get a commission on how many is sold. The HGV driver like Pepsi/Coke cola and the milk guy who deliver trailer loads unload their palletized product in the back room of the store then hammer down.

The milk driver puts the milk in the cooler and the store workers take care of it. Pepsi/Coke cola employ what they call merchandisers to go to the stores and put the drinks on the shelves as needed. Any other merchandise delivered to the store by a HGV is unloaded by the store workers.
At least that’s the way it is at the stores I used to deliver to over here.