Texting lorry driver jailed after crashing into van on A27

Monsterbrown:
Another great ambassador for his trade.

For those who are anti camera, you might ponder why companies put them in. To catch drivers out? I don’t think so - if they were that interested they wouldn’t employ muppets like this guy.

No the reason for cameras is that they save money for the company. Typical scenario - car driver says lorry drove into me, I want a million pounds. Video shows car drove into lorry, case closed.

And that’s on average, including the knob gobblers such as we are discussing. If you’re the type of driver who generally is doing the right thing the camera is far more likely to save your reputation than the reverse.

Event triggered cameras are the way to go, if used sensibly. I dare say this guy had near misses before which could have been picked up - it’s a disgrace that these prats get away with it.

Ok so you’ve swallowed and regurgitated all the official line rhetoric ■■■■■■■■ dished out by all companies to try and sell this affront and insult to a ‘proper’ drivers professionalism.
You missed the main bit out, the usual chestnut mantra of the convinced, the servile, the gullible the naive and the brainwashed…
That is…
‘‘If you are doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’. :unamused:

For every ONE knobhead banged to rights like this one , where these cameras are ‘‘justified’’ there are hundreds being generally snooped on and reprimanded for minor issues.
Do you work in a transport office by any chance?